MA Heathrow framedrops in certain area

777-Pilot

Hi,

I am having a weird issue with MA Heathrow: When taxiing onto the runway my framerate drops from about 25-30 FPS to 15-20. This seems to happen at a certain "line" in the scenery. When crossing it my framerate drops (or goes back to normal) dependant on what side I am. Here is a video to see for yourself:

https://youtu.be/btHYUXLk9dU

Any idea what could cause this (I am using P3D V4.4)? To be fair; I have very similar issues in other sceneries like in LH Simulations Budapest - so maybe this is a problem with my sim?

• Developer

Must check the video tomorrow on a bigger screen, on the ipad I can't see the framerate.

But, in the direction you are looking the complete complex city of London is behind the airport and this is very frame intensive.

Can you check to roll in the backward direction at the same area, if the frames are more stayable, it has nothing to do with the area, more with the view direction.

Vor 1 Stunde, OPabst sagte:

Must check the video tomorrow on a bigger screen, on the ipad I can't see the framerate.

But, in the direction you are looking the complete complex city of London is behind the airport and this is very frame intensive.

Can you check to roll in the backward direction at the same area, if the frames are more stayable, it has nothing to do with the area, more with the view direction.

Thanks Oliver, yes - I am aware that this is a very FPS intensive scenery and viewing direction. I am however happy with my overall framerate of ~25FPS. My problem is the sudden framedrop when crossing this "magic line".

Ok, update:

I tested with and without MA Heathrow installed: basically the same results:

Of course this shows that there is nothing wrong with MA Heathrow thus you could theoretically close this thread now - if you have some advice for me anyway, I would be very grateful.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Lowering Autogen settings may help and if you have FTX England installed you could check whether it offers settings to improve the performance. As I am fare away from my sim i cant check it.

• Developer

Yes, special to reduce the "Autogen Building density" will help to optimize the Frames in dense urban city area, like London or Budapest, as the polygone buildings will still be very frame intensitive.

Thank you for your replies, but actually I am happy with my FPS (on the "good" side of the line). The weird thing is that it drops by about 30-40% at exactly the same position repeatedly. As you can see in my videos, the position seems to be independent from what airport scenery is installed - it always happens along the same line... 

• Developer

I don't see the framedrops at this area, not with default or Sim-wings Heathrow. So, as it is not related to the Addon, I close this thread now.

• OPabst locked this topic

Archived