Cannot Update Product Through ASUpdater

I have bought the CRJ aircraft, but as a result of poor outport Internet connection of my region, I can't even start up the ASUpdater (I think it needs some connection to start it up which I can't make it). The Updater flash for a second with a blank page and then CTD. Then I try to use proxy for this program but it only show some net error information and CTD again. So, is it possible to repack the latest version in both instant download page and Updater to help the guys who can't update via the Updater? Or is there any solution to the connection in this updater? Thx in advance.

Please login to display this image.

Problem solved, it's not the internet error but the character encoding error. It should have be avoided when packing the installer.

• Developer

To be honest, I haven't seen anyone else where the "<?" on the beginning of the first line was missing. If it was a general problem, hundreds of people who have reported it. But why and how it happened on your system will probably remain a mystery forever.

On 12/26/2018 at 11:17 PM, Hans Hartmann said:

To be honest, I haven't seen anyone else where the "<?" on the beginning of the first line was missing. If it was a general problem, hundreds of people who have reported it. But why and how it happened on your system will probably remain a mystery forever.

I don’t mean to blame someone for it. I just want to inform somebody who packing the installer that he has a missing point throughout the whole development of ASUpdater. In fact, there is chance that “<?” will disappear or show as unreadable code in some non-English language systems with utf-8-BOM encoding and it will cause ASUpdater CTD problem unless you change it to “<?” by hand in xml files with notepad or something else. It occasionally happens with some particular versions of ASUpdater and I confirm that some guys around me have the same problem and don’t have the language competence to write an English post here, so that is why you developers seldom receive the report of this weird error. I hope that it can be avoided in the furture update or it can be informed through some platforms.

• Developer

Well, I have all Updater-enabled products on my PC. I checked a few with a hex editor, and some indeed were UTF-8 BOM, others were normal (no additional 3 bytes before "<?"). These XML files are generated by the installer routine (some script within Installshield) and all should have the same format.

However, reading any of the XML files I have here (BOM or not), I get the same positive result, no matter if my system is set to German or English. There are also no further reports of "<?" missing. I will discuss the matter with the guy who builds the installers next week (Wednesday earliest), but I don't think it's actually the cause.

Archived