OFP additional waypoints

Hi,

as you guessed, these might be enroute alternates. 

If there would be an issue with your aircraft or with a passenger, you know where to divert to at once.

Regards

David

PFPX seems to set "Adeqaute airports" by itself, when this text field is empty and you hit Compute or Compute Flight.

Just tested it myself for EDDH to LEBL. Without any of these airports set, I still get them in the OFP and displayed on the map.

I see it more as a feature, which gives PFPX a more realistic feeling, in my opinion.

As far as I can see, these airports don't affect the fuel planning, as you would still have plenty of it left by the time you're passing them.

Regards

David

9 hours ago, Sharky said:

PFPX seems to set "Adeqaute airports" by itself, when this text field is empty and you hit Compute or Compute Flight.

Just tested it myself for EDDH to LEBL. Without any of these airports set, I still get them in the OFP and displayed on the map.

I see it more as a feature, which gives PFPX a more realistic feeling, in my opinion.

As far as I can see, these airports don't affect the fuel planning, as you would still have plenty of it left by the time you're passing them.

Regards

David

Anyway to turn this off

Adequate airports are required for use in the planning stage to ensure compliance with 60min threshold time of twin jets.

As they have to meet the 'adequate' criteria at the time of planning is it not prudent to have them referenced for a possible diversion ?

You need a dispatcher to offer qualified comment here Vernon ;)

Yeah for some reason, unless you use an abbreviated NavLog - it has all the adequate airports in the NavLog as waypoints - incidentally with the Mach number always saying -0.2 for some strange reason.  Wish they didn't appear in the NavLog.

Archived