then i came across a utility called

tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio

i ran this utility and it repaired some files

after this pfpx worked ok

try it you have nothing to lose

let me know how you get on

jeff

Hi Jeff

I was wondering what repairs that you did using the program?

Thanks

Hugo

Hi hugo

i honestly can’t remember exactly the repairs I did

but after each one I did I tried pfpx

i never went through every step 

there was no need to

when pfpx worked ok I stopped there

pfpx has worked every time for me

i have never used any guide for this but there may be something I have not read on the website

8 minutes ago, Jeff20 said:

Hi hugo

i honestly can’t remember exactly the repairs I did

but after each one I did I tried pfpx

i never went through every step 

there was no need to

when pfpx worked ok I stopped there

pfpx has worked every time for me

i have never used any guide for this but there may be something I have not read on the website

Ok, I will just give it a go then.

Hugo

7 minutes ago, Jeff20 said:

that is all i done hugo

hope it works

So, I have looked on more forums and found a fix. 

I just went to this location (Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FlightSimSoft.com\PFPX) in Registry Editor and deleted the Workspace Folder, and ta-da it is fixed.

Thanks for finding out it was a registry problem!

Hugo

• 7 months later...

Just experienced the same problems after a Windows update. PFPX would open but not respond to anything. Only way I could fix it was to do the following:

- Uninstall PFPX
- Uninstall the Microsoft Visusal C++ 2017 Redistributable (x86)
- Uninstall the Microsoft Visusal C++ 2017 Redistributable (x64)
- Reboot system
- Remove PFPX completely from the Registry Editor
- Re-Install PFPX

Took me ages to find out and I was close to giving up. But all working fine now.

• 1 month later...
On 3.1.2019 at 17:49, Hugo Clark sagte:

So, I have looked on more forums and found a fix. 

I just went to this location (Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FlightSimSoft.com\PFPX) in Registry Editor and deleted the Workspace Folder, and ta-da it is fixed.

Thanks for finding out it was a registry problem!

Hugo

As this is some kind of "old" thread, I just wanted to post that this was also the solution to my (same) problem with PFPX "not starting", too.

- Had 1.28.

- Removed it

- Installed 2.03 -> Problem

- Removed 2.03

- Re-Installed 2.03 with install-surveillance tool

- Rebooted

- Started PFPX -> still problem

- purged PFPX with tool (for I was believing "well, this should do it.". It didn't)

- Re-newed vc-runtimes (actually now I use MSVC++ 2015-2019 in x86 and x64 version)

- Rebooted

- used regedit to delete mentioned "PFPX"-key (This is what I expected the tool to do - obviously doing it by hand works out.)

- searched and removed any "PFPX" residuals in user-data, public-data, programs, programs(x86) -folders (and any other folder I could imagine might have been related.)

- again searched registry for any further key containing FlightSimSoft.com and checked for relation to PFPX (found just one for TOPCAT but no further for PFPX.

- Rebooted

- Ran PFPX-installer

Et voilá... it works.

B.t.w.: System ist Win10Pro - automatic updates active.

Took me hours and days to get this. But finally your hint was the one! Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge.

And as always: ! PAY ATTENTION FOR YOUR REGISTRY! DO A REGISTRY BACKUP BEFOR "fiddling around" IN THIS SYSTEM'S SETTINGS. IT IS ALL IN YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!

This post tells, what I DID and what worked FOR ME on MY MACHINE. It is not necessarily what anyone else has to do to get it working for on any other machine.

Anyway: Thanks again :)

• 9 months later...

I have exactly the same issue and it is very frustrating because the company that sales it should be aware of these issues and find a solution as well as maintain a record of the days that people are unable to log into the planner as to accrue for those days. I have uninstall and reinstall and nothing its very very frustrating

On 10/27/2019 at 7:56 AM, jensmohr said:

As this is some kind of "old" thread, I just wanted to post that this was also the solution to my (same) problem with PFPX "not starting", too.

- Had 1.28.

- Removed it

- Installed 2.03 -> Problem

- Removed 2.03

- Re-Installed 2.03 with install-surveillance tool

- Rebooted

- Started PFPX -> still problem

- purged PFPX with tool (for I was believing "well, this should do it.". It didn't)

- Re-newed vc-runtimes (actually now I use MSVC++ 2015-2019 in x86 and x64 version)

- Rebooted

- used regedit to delete mentioned "PFPX"-key (This is what I expected the tool to do - obviously doing it by hand works out.)

- searched and removed any "PFPX" residuals in user-data, public-data, programs, programs(x86) -folders (and any other folder I could imagine might have been related.)

- again searched registry for any further key containing FlightSimSoft.com and checked for relation to PFPX (found just one for TOPCAT but no further for PFPX.

- Rebooted

- Ran PFPX-installer

Et voilá... it works.

B.t.w.: System ist Win10Pro - automatic updates active.

Took me hours and days to get this. But finally your hint was the one! Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge.

And as always: ! PAY ATTENTION FOR YOUR REGISTRY! DO A REGISTRY BACKUP BEFOR "fiddling around" IN THIS SYSTEM'S SETTINGS. IT IS ALL IN YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!

This post tells, what I DID and what worked FOR ME on MY MACHINE. It is not necessarily what anyone else has to do to get it working for on any other machine.

Anyway: Thanks again :)

Please I am not very knowledgeable ... how do you do this " Re-newed vc-runtimes (actually now I use MSVC++ 2015-2019 in x86 and x64 version)"

8 hours ago, chusair said:

Please I am not very knowledgeable ... how do you do this " Re-newed vc-runtimes (actually now I use MSVC++ 2015-2019 in x86 and x64 version)"

I assume until recently the program was working ?

To reinstall the visual basic runtimes download the latest 2015-2019 x86 and x64 versions from HERE

In Windows Control Panel / Programs & Features locate the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributables and uninstall both x64 and x86 versions, reboot the PC.

Install the two files downloaded.

7 hours ago, srcooke said:

I assume until recently the program was working ?

To reinstall the visual basic runtimes download the latest 2015-2019 x86 and x64 versions from HERE

In Windows Control Panel / Programs & Features locate the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributables and uninstall both x64 and x86 versions, reboot the PC.

Install the two files downloaded.

I follow it all and no it didn't work still opens and "no responding"

1 minute ago, chusair said:

I follow it all and no it didn't work still opens and "no responding"

Was PFPX working until recently ?

What windows version and updates have been installed ?

Archived