CTD during FPLN introduction

Using this FPLN

EDDM ANKE9N ANKER Y104 MAMOR L132 RUDNO T203 GAVLI T203 OSKAN DCT ADLIR L980 TUVAK M725 RENKI L132 BODLA Z491 VAVUN L730 GOBRA T672 RATOR RATO3R EPGD

As using T203, programming waypoints on an airway is always strange on the CRJ but after few DEL presses and some inputs to try to make it right.. CTD. Two times today, same FPLN.

I am using latest update of the CRJ and P3D v4.3 and latest AIRAC.

On LEGS page was already a mess :D as waypoints were overlapping in a wrong order for the 2 waypoints from T203 airways, because when I introduced the second one in the flight plan it was removing the previous  from FPLN but not from LEGS so I introduced again, I tried to make the right order. 

Still, I suppose no matter I press (sometimes by mistake), it should not cause a CTD :D

• Developer

It should not of course, but there are thousands of possible combinations of actions that can happen. It's not possible to test (or even just know) them all. Although I'm not aware of any CTDs, I can not rule out that certain combinations of inputs might cause them.

The only immediate recommendation I can make right now, if the flightplan is messed up, is to reset the flightplan by re-entering the origin airport. That clears the flightplan and allows a new clean input of the route.

I do a lot of flights in the CRJ and I usually go this way:

1) Enter origin and destination airport

2) Select departure runway and SID

3) Select arrival runway and STAR

4) Enter airways and directs on FPLN page 2 and following

5) Remove a potential ROUTE DISCONTINUITY or duplicate waypoints on the LEGS page (by shortcutting, e.g. LSK4L followed by LSK3L. I don't use DEL)

This never gives me any problems.

If you can give me a more detailed description of when the input is not working correctly, I will gladly try to reproduce and fix that.

At third try, I reset and make it again, but using first the waypoint and then the airway introduction and I ignored the blank waypoints when they appeared in the FPLN.

It worked OK.

But when I will find again a reproducible issue, I will let you know so perhaps can be fixed this way.

• 2 weeks later...

hello,

Just purchased the CRJ and when entering a Flight plan manually, or loading done by simbrief, in both cases crashes... when entering manually, the moment I enter the Departing airporf, CTD.

Can you help me?

Archived