Not Auto changing for Odd/Even FL

Hiya,

Since moving to V2.03 I am having some issues re correct flight levels. Previous versions would auto plan for the required change without any issue but the current version does not. For example, Scandinavia over to Iberia peninsula/ Canaries always requires a FL change in either EHAA of EGTT FIR to move from Odd to even or the other way round etc. PFPX currently is not planning this on the FP.

If I select "Step climb 1000ft" it does then seem to do it but now also applies a load of other steps throughout the flight. This has happened on various different types of flights.

On a similer note it does not seem to be correctly identifying ODD/Even FL's at times. The attached FP was done using no step climb, Min fuel, and opt FL selected, it spat out FL360 but this flight should be on an ODD level.

I've used PFPX for about 4 years for several thousand flights so have a pretty good understanding of both the system and RAD. If you need any other info or FP's to help answer this please just come back to me :)

BK3640 EKCH-LFMN (21-Dec-2018) #1.txt

Regards              

Chris

Cannot say I have seen this issues Chris.

Computed min-fuel & opt FL:

(FPL-DAERA-IN
-B738/M-SDE1FGHIJ1RWXYZ/LB1
-EKCH1515
-N0449F370 NEXEN T503 GIMRU UT503 MIC UN850 ODINA/N0438F290 N850
 EVANO Z185 ENOBA/N0438F250 Z185 BORDI
-LFMN0211 LFTH
-PBN/A1B1C1D1L1O1S1 NAV/RNVD1E2A1 DOF/181221 REG/DAERA
 EET/ESAA0003 EDVV0019 EDUU0049 LSAC0119 LIMM0131 LFFF0151
 LFMM0155 RVR/75 OPR/ / /
 PER/C
-E/0327)

Which AIRAC provider and cycle ?

A PFPX a/c performance file or third party ?

Thanks for quick reply. What option did you have Step climb set too? I get that same result as yours if I select 1000ft/2000ft 

It certainly seems to be a difference around step climb option. That is the common theme, if I select "No Step" it will not change FL at all, even for mandatory changes. This is different to PFPX V1 which would not apply performance steps but would still apply the mandatory ones for ODD/Even changes. 

This issue with this i if I select a step, even 1000ft it will not only put in the mandatory ones but also tends to add multiple performance steps as well. A lot of the time I dont want those unless I am on 5 hour plus flight

AIRAC is NG1813 supplied by Navigraph

It is PFPX performance file

Does anybody knows if there will be a solution for the above issue?

I'm still awaiting installing the latest version 2.03 till all is fine and stable...

(I know, there will alway be some glitches, but anyway ...)

Archived