"Speed brake still out" way before reaching target speed

Meyerflyer

Hello,

I'm in the descent and need to lower the speed let's say from 320kt to 250kt. As I descend at a high rate, I need to deploy the speed brakes manually to help decreasing the speed to target.

But the speed brake still out message with according "DING" sound comes up way before the target speed is reached. Mostly at about 20-30kt before target speed, so in this case already at 270-280kt. Is that as designed? I would expect, that the message and DING sound only come up, when the exact target speed is reached to avoid higher fuel burn when the engines start to spool up to compensate the higher drag. I see no reason to show the message 30kt before reaching the selected speed. When I disarm the speed brakes when the message comes up, I am not able to reduce the speed and stay at the unwished higher speed. This cannot be intended.

This happens with the professional Bus but also with the old one, so no new issue here.

Does anyone have the same behaviour?

Mhm I can't confirm it's only since the latest update. I've had this for years. Probably it's a basic logic error in the coding that even survived the update from extended to professional bus. But thanks for confirming it.

I've been asking the same question, including pictures and videos, and I'm still waiting for a solution or why since the first day the airbrake does not act, when it should do so below 10000 feet, configuration option in the FMC.

16 minutes ago, Meyerflyer said:

Mhm I can't confirm it's only since the latest update. I've had this for years. Probrably it's a basic logic error in the coding. But thanks for confirming it. 

To me in the previous version of the Airbus if I worked, the airbrake, option that was configured in the FMC 2, I now that option in the FMC 3 putting the same, it turns out that from the first day does not act.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Does this happen only with a specific modell? I experienced this only when the spoiler was still deployed while it should have been retracted.

I couldn't swear, but I'm pretty sure it happens with every model. I'm flying a "wild" mix of A319, A320 and A321 and it happens for me everytime I use the speed brakes to help reducing the speed.

As your very well exposed, I happened from the first day that came out the A318-319 I thought that with the A320-321 would be solved or opened realized that, but it did not happen so, wait for each update, but not to fix it, in a recent entry by my PA RTE, I think remember  "another BUG in FMC " If I'm not mistaken, I exposed that bug, with images of both the FMC 3 as the image of the Tutorial 6 on the corresponding Pag, which indicates how to configure the autobrakes below 10000 feet, some felt bad that , but they said I was the only one, but it turns out it's not like that.

4 hours ago, Meyerflyer said:

I couldn't swear, but I'm pretty sure it happens with every model. I'm flying a "wild" mix of A319, A320 and A321 and it happens for me everytime I use the speed brakes to help reducing the speed.

This has been present since the FSX/P3D version.  It's been a lower priority than some other issues, and we are currently looking at a few things which might cause this.

25 minutes ago, Miguel_V said:

FMC 3 as the image of the Tutorial 6 on the corresponding Pag, which indicates how to configure the autobrakes below 10000 feet, some felt bad that , but they said I was the only one, but it turns out it's not like that.

Hello my friend!

This isn't an Autobrake issue, it's a Speed Brake signal related issue.  If you've having a Autobrake issue (we're not aware of any), would you please open another thread?

Also... there is no FMC3 in the Airbus.  In fact, there is not FMC at all.  I'm a former Boeing guy, so I understand how this gets mixed up and I created a short post (below) to help Boeing guys become familiar with the different terms as using the correct terms is important when searching documentation for answers.

Always nice to hear from you, and my very best wishes!

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Hello my friend!

This isn't an Autobrake issue, it's a Speed Brake signal related issue.  If you've having a Autobrake issue (we're not aware of any), would you please open another thread?

Also... there is no FMC3 in the Airbus.  In fact, there is not FMC at all.  I'm a former Boeing guy, so I understand how this gets mixed up and I created a short post (below) to help Boeing guys become familiar with the different terms as using the correct terms is important when searching documentation for answers.

Always nice to hear from you, and my very best wishes!

Dave....

I will not open another, because I had an open, and I closed it, this specifically.... the airbrakes do not act below 1000 feet reducing the speed to 250 knots.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/141583-¿another-bug-in-mcdu/

Your answer I think has nothing to do with what I have exposed.

2 minutes ago, Miguel_V said:

Dave....

I will not open another, because I had an open, and I closed it, this specifically.... the airbrakes do not act below 1000 feet reducing the speed to 250 knots.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/141583-¿another-bug-in-mcdu/

Ah, I understand.  Thanks for explaining it further.

The problem you are describing is not with the part of the software which controls speed or Speed Brakes, but rather with connecting the A318-A321 Copilot to intervene.  In fact, as you may know, the Approach Speed Limiter only works if the Copilot function is enabled.

Anyway, it's a separate issue and one that Hanse will be working on.  I thank you very much for your patience my friend.

My very best wishes to you!

vor 12 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

This has been present since the FSX/P3D version.  It's been a lower priority than some other issues, and we are currently looking at a few things which might cause this.

Great, thank you. So the issue I reported is a known issue, correct?

From what I am seeing, the "Speed Brake Still Out" message appears if the spoilers are deployed AND the thrust is above idle. If the thrust is reduced to idle, either manually or through an action of the computer, the message disappears again. This would seem to be correct, as you would be using the spoilers to slow down and/or descend as rapidly as possible, and would not want to negate the speed brakes' effect by adding power.

I have seen the computer adding power in managed mode when it really should be holding at idle. This is probably related to the ongoing issue with managed descents and vertical profiles.

15 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Ah, I understand.  Thanks for explaining it further.

The problem you are describing is not with the part of the software which controls speed or Speed Brakes, but rather with connecting the A318-A321 Copilot to intervene.  In fact, as you may know, the Approach Speed Limiter only works if the Copilot function is enabled.

Anyway, it's a separate issue and one that Hanse will be working on.  I thank you very much for your patience my friend.

My very best wishes to you!

DAVE.....

If you read the thread well (the LINK), from the beginning, you'll be reading that always flying with copilot activated...... from the first day, with this professional version and the previous one.

It happened in the extended version as well. This has to be one of the most annoying features of this product. No I mean it is the most single annoying feature of this product (and not realistic at all) and the update that fixes it will be heaven sent! I am glad your working on. Hopefully it will be fixed.

1 hour ago, Miguel_V said:

DAVE.....

If you read the thread well (the LINK), from the beginning, you'll be reading that always flying with copilot activated...... from the first day, with this professional version and the previous one. 

Really Miguel?  Hmm, so all my extremely polite posts to you, and you reply with that?  Very nice.

I read at least a hundred threads a day, for a LOT of different products, research them if I don't know the answer off the top of my head, and respond directly to many of them.  I think I do a pretty good job, especially remembering the entire thread for most of them.

You my friend, are a very special person.

Dave and all People of Aerosoft…..

I understand your situation, you have to read many a day, and answer in your case, if you can do it at the moment, so I want you to understand, I did not mean to "kick your back", nor do you have to memorize the thousands of threads....

You do a good job, but I prefer that when you put a product for sale, previously look for all the hits that may arise, they call it  "Quality Control "

By the way  "Happy holidays to all "

• Aerosoft

I am sorry you are not happy Miguel_V however I feel we have been very open about the status of the product. And while you might not be happy, others certainly are.  These are comments from the first 3 weeks after we released:

• Great bus and a fantastic support team.
  • Respect! In view of the many thousand’s hours of work and the huge invest for development, the pricing is extremely fair for such a complex aircraft. Especially for those customers that own one of the previous busses, it should be a no-brainer.
  • thank you for the a318/319! :)
  • Thanks for the good job you did with your products. Really good 😉
  • Its working beautifully.
  • Awesome! Thank you!
  • First of all: a very nice aircraft 
  • this a/c is a great job of programming.  Love it.
  • congrats on your job, excellent addon.
  • the new bus its funny, amazing a very great for me
  • really happy
  • The new 318/319 package is simply brilliant
  • Move over FSlabs, there is a better bus.
  • This was worth waiting for!?
  • Congratulations to all of you who have been along the way in this project
  • Clap yourself on your shoulder! You have every reason to be proud!
  • Once again Congratulations!
  • Well done
  • Performance is great.
  • Fantastic add on to the Airbus collection"
  • loving this thing
  • congratulation to an awesome job!!!
  • it does fly like a dream
  • new favourite aircraft, deleted the FSL one
  • So far very impressed.
  • everything worked perfectly
  • the frames wow just amazing
  • Thanks for the wonderful plane, very good job and support
  • now that i got it in the air she is all thought and much more 
  • what a great job you guys did,
  • Amazing product! 
  • The best way to show FSL how it should be done is to make something better. Aerosoft just did.
  • Absolutely amazing. FPS are really nice and the feeling is also really great.
  • You guys did a great job
  • a real diamond and stable base
  • u nailed it down to a really good product for us
  • This is definitely a new and wonderful product.
  • i would like to tell that Airbus simulation is astonishing..perfect model, well simulated
  • The checklist and co-pilot interaction is great and really adds to the immersion
  • Love the coffee, newspaper etc animations, a breath of fresh air
  • I love all the new stuff
  • I love the new Airbus
  • Worth every cent, love the Airbus
  • Bravo, you have released the King of the Buses
  • a real gem and great to have a quality airbus in P3Dv4
  • I love it! Its working great in VR!
  • I'm very happy with the Buses.
  • The fps are truly amazing
  • SO IM VERY HAPPY CONGRATS!
  • What a wonderful aircraft!
  • What's the most spectacular thing about it, is the modelling. Dude, that’s impressive. Especially the Virtual Cockpit looks incredible. 
  • I bought the FSL as well. What the hell is wrong with me? 150 EUR gone, never gonna use that one again.
  • The Professional Bus impresses me a lot. It feels smooth, it runs incredibly smooth (at least for what I'm used to from the PMDGs and the 787). It sounds great, can't wait to try the shared cockpit Feature.
  • Thanks for this wonderful product
  • congrats on an unbelievable aircraft!
  • kEEP up the good job Aerosoft!! 
  • The bus is amazing! 
  • The fps are truly amazing even better then the older NGX wich always had the best performance for me
  • Fantastic product, fantastic price, no DRM. Aerosoft I love you.
  • And the discount is beautiful, 4 Airbus models for 41 euros, in my case. This is heaven.
  • It is absolutely fantastic. So easy to install. FPS are great even when I loaded up in JFK.
  • Graphics and textures are super.
  • New sounds - unbelievable.??
  • But what I most liked is the controlling the plane on taxi and in the air. It is so close to real like I seat in Thales level D. No other Airbus is even 50% close to the physics you made.
  • All expectations are exceeded more than twice.
  • Thank you, Aerosoft! You made the great job!
  • Impressive work, as always from Aerosoft! Looks good, sounds good, flies good.
  • my fps are better than for any other aircraft I have
  • Very happy with the frame rate. Did three test flights in three different models and all went perfect. 
  • Thanks goes to the development team. Well done...well done indeed.
  • So why did I pay 140 dollar to the ****** at FSL?
  • Thanks again for a fantastic aircraft! And the documentation is as always very good and easy to read.
  • That is a more advanced feature than I thought - impressive that you have such a small (but important) detail implemented in this aircraftI am a happy camper with the new bus
  • a great product!
  • a magnificent aircraft
  • I think your team did a great job and I am enjoying flying new bus
  • Great product and it is was worth to wait.
  • My favourite
  • a pretty new thing
  • Works perfect, Congratulations!
  • Brilliantly sorted out by the excellent AS support team.
  • Congrats on this new aircraft, amazing work 
  • Great job on the product though!
  • i absolutely love the new busses, they run completely flawless for me
  • a very nice aircraft
  • Absolutely stunning product
  • you guys are awesome... congrats to the team... love the plane.
  • Aerosoft i want to thank you for an awesome bus 
  • congrats to Aerosoft great product
  • but the graphics and the FPS are perfect and the flight performance was outstanding 
  • congratulations with the new bus
  • Excellent performance on my computer
  • Excellent model for the simulator, not in vain patiently expected and very happy with the purchase
  • thank you very much for this fantastic. I've been enjoying it so far
  • I'm impressed. 
  • it runs great and the modelling is superb.  Thanks Aerosoft and the Airbus team
  • The bus is Wonderful.
  • and loving it mate 
  • great software
  • this is a fantastic model. The frame rates are extremely impressive, much better than the FSL
  • thanks for the coffee
  • Great work on the airbus lads! 
  • This aircraft is awesome..?. 
  • By the way, you really did a fantastic job on the VC, that looks great now!
  • long way better than FSL of course, and even better than NGX. 
  • Anyway, You Great!
  • Superb model of A318-319
  • Incredibly very smooth on frames!
  • thanks for that great new toy. You made a wonderful job
  • the greatest airplane
  • you guys have done a great job with the new bus
  • Good job!
  • Amazing aircraft and the optimisation in P3D v4.3 is the best I have ever seen, it handles with almost the same fluidity as the Airbus in Aerofly! Just jaw dropping
  • the performance to eye candy ratio in the sim is something to be proud of...never dips below 4?5fp??s??
  • It's good to be back in the bus
  • first of all what a wonderful job you have done
  • I simply love the new bus 
  • Many thank great job awesome team
  • all working perfect
  • wonderful aircraft, it's really  a pleasure
  • its now my favourite instead of one of my favourites
  • Very good first impression. 
  • Thanks for this piece of work, great job.
  • First of all I have to say that I'm very happy with the bus, so great work guys!
  • PMDG 30 fps, FSL A320, 15 FPS, Your bus running at 44. Amazing
  •  Beautiful flight deck, great frame rates out of the gate
  • Best framerate optimizing I have seen for any add-on in 64 bits. Why don't all devs provide newly compiled models?
  • Double the frames compared to the FSlightsimlab airvus, super!
  • So smooth and fast, other teams should ask you how it's done.
  • In 3 words: I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!
  • Absolutely love it!
  • this Airbus has been done so beautifully well in performance, features, animations, textures, systems, and extras, that it  is almost impossible to dislike or say it's not my taste.
  • Thank you, Aerosoft.. What a wonderful job you guys have done !!!
  • Have to say this is the most impressive 'first impression' I have had from any of the buses. Bravo!
  • Have to say my first 'check her out' flight was great. The functionality, the modelling the FPS performance.......really top job
  • so far I'm very impressed with the quality of the Bus
  • This is one of the most amazing aircrafts the sim community has, and it will  get even better
  • I am REALLY impressed
  • Wonderful job with this aircraft, definitely hits the price point perfectly, dare I say even a bargain for what one gets!
  • this product is great.
  • All went very very good
  • I'd just like to share with everyone how impressed I am so far with the Aerosoft Airbus 318/19
  • Framerates and performance are very good on my system, the level of detail and systems complexity is exactly what I am looking for.
  • I can also say that of all the other Airbuses, this one is working without any major flaws in VR which I felt I should congratulate you all on.
  • really nice aircraft 
  • You all did a great job thus far with the aircraft and i look forward to the 320 and 321Firstly, really, really impressed with the new bus. Absolutely worth the wait, well done!
  • Congrats, and keep them coming!
  • its brilliant
  • Awesome, just awesome.
  • first congratulations for your work is superb,
  • Performed seamlessly. Great stuff. Congrats to Aerosoft team
  • The Professional version has stepped it up another notch and added some great features
  • the built in First Officer and checklist were just amazing to me, and added so much depth to the flying experience.
  • very nice !
  • Thank you for a great product.
  • I love this thing, im so glad i bought it! its simple
  • Well Done on this project.
  • first of all thank you for this bird
  • Excellent work of Aerosoft
  • It's a great package, by the way.
  • a very good product from Aerosoft
  • my appreciation of just how good this aircraft is - It is really fantastic, an absolute joy to fly
  • Beautiful airplane no problems so far
  • the A319 is already stunning and I just love the handling of it. Great job Aerosoft!
  • As always, good job.
  • the frames are mighty impressive, even on my low spec pc
  • Great fps with ORBX LOWI made for a brilliant system stable event even with the huge amounts of detail being demanded due to tight 180deg turns presenting the whole scene. Loved it. Really happy to be back in the bus
  • Looks great and performance is fantastic.
  • I Bought yours A319 - 318 It Beautiful
  • Thanks for the great product! I really enjoy the light effects and the MCDU on the iPad. Big fun!
  • Thank you, and congratulations for such a great work with this aircraft!
  • Love it! Flying Aerosoft Busses for years and After 3years sim Break i am back in the skies now with p3dv4
  • Superb software by the way.
  • Love your aircraft, she flies very well!
  • fantastic update
  • On a general note, I wanted to add that I have flown your busses from the very first version you released back in the old days, and I must admit that I never really fell in love with any of them. This has now changed completely!!! What a masterpiece you guys developed! Simply breath-taking!
  • Brilliant 'plane - well done to all - now then, if only I could find that sandwich..
  • landed in LEPA under thunderstorm - great realism hand flying final, and that rain effect - wow!
  • FPS are great, modelling and texturing is amazing. Well played Aerosoft.
  • the great job that was done with this aircraft.
  • please let me express my appreciation of just how good this aircraft is - It is really fantastic, an absolute joy to fly. Being a Boeing boy, this may have just converted me!! 
  • Great plane and very nice gimmicks!
  • I am really enjoying the smaller buses and looking forward for the big brothers
  • really enjoying having my Airbus back in p3dv4.3
  • absolutely outstanding the A318/A319 professional
  • I've worked with Flight Sim stuff now for the past 35 years, and I feel like I'm using the best now. It's true that I had to upgrade my hardware for what I've got here, but it was well worth it for your stuff here
  • CONGRATULATIONS!! You did a great job on that new Bus and I really enjoy flying it.
  • congrats for this awesome modelling 
  • You did an Amazing job with Airbus A318/319!
  • FPS was locked at 30 and never strayed away from that number, very impressive. 
  • Really well done team! 
  • looks absolutely beautiful on my new ultrawide 38" monitor. Extra kudos to the art team! :D
  • You have done such a good job on these aircraft.
  • definitely a valid alternative for me to the PMDG products
  • The newest version of the fantastic plane
  • First I would like to thank the team for the great work on the A320/A321 .
  • Yes thank You for The Plane.
  • non problem with fps and general smoothness!
  • Congratulations ! Aerosoft !
  • Thank you very much !
  • Many thanks for the hard work on the A320, i love it.
  • Now I’m on my first flight on the A320 Pro, so far so good! Amazing plane!
  • I must say I’m impressed with the flare logic
  • First of all great JOB Aerosoft the bird looks amazing
  • Keep up the good work Aerosoft Team
  • fantastic product. TY very much
  • I really like the new airbus.
  • This excellent professional airbus software
  • I'm very happy with the full family
  • thank you to Aerosoft for the brilliant realization of this Airbus series A318-A321 in P3D!
  • great job it is so fantastic to fly this bird into heavy sceneries and maintain a decent FPS
  • The new Airbus work is nice
  • Other than that I truly love the Airbus, you guys did a wonderful job!
  • thank you to Aerosoft for the brilliant realization of this Airbus series A318-A321 in P3D
  • Just a quick post to say THANK YOU
  • I love the 318/319
  • I've now got all 4 variants, and they're the best - I love everything about them - well done to everyone involved. 
  • I love the buses so far and even though there are a few small bugs here and there they are a pleasure to fly
  • amazing add on
  • Anyway the plane is great
  • Congrats on the aircraft though, apart from this everything else works great and runs smoothly
  • This Plane is great.
  • having a ball with the A321, this thing is a beauty to fly. No issues as of yet
  • first of all congratulations for this fantastic product developed with a lot sweetie, stable and with a good performance to take max. advantage of the video card.
  • Outstanding job on this release!! :) It's truly wunderbar.
  • thanks for an amazing product ! 
  • As always a great product and a joy to fly.  But it is not just a great acft, the supporting systems; fuel planner, configuration module, flight planner and and the updater system make it the best acft on the market. Thank you for all your hard work

• Deputy Sheriffs

Miguel, what exactly is your point? Telling the 100th time that you have found a bug? Wanting to hear the 100th time that it will be worked on?

In all politeness, at a certain point it is time to stop and wait for the solution. 

2 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Miguel, what exactly is your point? Telling the 100th time that you have found a bug? Wanting to hear the 100th time that it will be worked on?

In all politeness, at a certain point it is time to stop and wait for the solution. 

True!  Plus, highjacking threads is considered to be extremely impolite and it disorganizes things for those who might later search for answers in the forum.

Archived