Plotting chart and EDTO

Hi All,

I am currently planning a trip over the Atlantic with the 744 and are flying a random track, but when I am printing the flight package the plotting chart is grayed out.

Is it only available on NAT tracks and if so is it possible to fix that in a update so the plotting chart can be printed when you cross the
Atlantic?

I also tried using EDTO where I have made 3 profiles with 90 min., 120 min., and 180 min. and no matter which one I use it comes up red even with 3 alternates (CYQX. BIKF and EGPK). In the past I never had a problem with EDTO and the 747.

Best regards

Peter Lund

Thanks Stephen,

I can print everything else than the Plotting chart.

When I try to put in EDTO in comes up in red even though the alternate airports circle overlaps eachother.

Best regards

Peter Lund

Hi Philippe,

Please see below

Please login to display this image.

And this is the route and EDTO which comes up red

I didn´t have any, but with adequates I can make EDTO.

But I am still not able to print the plotting chart.

Just made a route from KMEM-PHNL with KMEM, KSAN, PHTO as adequate airports and EDTO with KLAX and PHNL which it made without issues and it also gave me the possibility to print plotting chart.

So I am confused why it won´t let me do it over the Atlantic

I am not sure, normally I print directly from PFPX onto paper.
I am now enroute to PHNL and was able to make EDTO (without adequate airports) and print the Plotting chart.

Not sure why I had those issues yesterday

As you had removed the adequate airports ( 180min threshold time for the 744 ) and didn't cover the entire route with EDTO entries the box stayed red.

For the route posted: EGPK BIKF CYQX KMEM would be required.

Not sure why you are removing the adequate airport entries that define EDTO is required.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Stephen,

First of all thank you for your help.

It is still a little up and down if I can print the plotting chart.

As I see there are the EDTO airports where ETP is calculated and the adequate airports which is for the whole route.

A slightly different question. Is it possible to print a blank form of plotting charts to be able to manually enter the route? As far as I know, this old school is still practiced and it would be nice to practice manual route marking

Regards

Archived