Descent profile - tweaked "Airbus_ECAMD2D.dll" still valid ?

suniram

just a question regarding the managed descent behaviour because I am a bit lost right now :)

Some time ago you posted a tweaked "Airbus_ECAMD2D.dll" file to improve the descent profile...

At which point are we right now with that?  I still have many times issues with "chasing the magenta dot" and beeing forced to use speedbrakes throughout main parts of the descent in order to stay on the path. 

I suppose this dll got overwritten with the last updates meanwhile. So , could that file still be used now or is it perhaps  default part of the current version...or is the issue in general still being worked on...??

thanks for a short clarification

thanks for your reply,

I am using 1.2.2.0 of course,   therefore my question...

Does it contain as per default the tweak for the descent profile ?   (the file was originally recomended only to those users who have issues with the descent. And I am one of those, and still have this issue .. )

best regards

vor 10 Minuten, masterhawk sagte:

This file does a lot more than only the VNAV.

exactly this is the reason for my question... :)

The issue I am having with the descent is the issue which has been discussed over and over in many different threads,  but actually there is not a real solution yet. The climb seems pretty perfect now, but not so the descent.....

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok. Thanks. I had this problems in the early beta, but is long gone.

Are you activating DES prior or after TOD? What CI are you using?

I’m asking because I have seen pictures where, where the plane is above the profile and tries to catch it with high des Rates. I normally activate DES min 5nm prior TOD.

vor 7 Stunden , masterhawk sagte:

Ok. Thanks. I had this problems in the early beta, but is long gone.

Are you activating DES prior or after TOD? What CI are you using?

I’m asking because I have seen pictures where, where the plane is above the profile and tries to catch it with high des Rates. I normally activate DES min 5nm prior TOD.

yes, I normally activate DES also prior to TOD, more or less 5 NM , and yes, this mostly improves descent, but not always..

I normally use CI 30

Not all descents are bad, some are flawless....but it would be great to have descents in general  as perfect as the climbs seem to be now...  :)

I can attest to this as well. After 3-4 flights the same thing is happening for me: magenta dot chasing where I have to use the speed brakes when I shouldn't need to.

Archived