SID Altitude and Speed Constraints

canuck21a

Hello,

I decided to do some comparison testing to perhaps find where some strange things begin to happen.

I have a single flight plan with a single loadsheet that was used for each of the  successive flights.

I am using the latest experimental build 1.2.2.0 and updater version 1.2.1.0

I used the standard American Airlines A319.

I used the same options MCDU settings for each and proceeded with a full managed flight for each using copilot.

Here are the raw details of the flight inputs:

Loadsheet

132;3300.00;6211.73;84;0;20.8;0.8;39725;54113.00;5711.73;59781.40;58170.19;

[CoRte] (KMIAKTPA01.flp)
ArptDep=KMIA
ArptArr=KTPA
RwyDep=KMIA26L
RwyArr=KTPA01L
RwyArrFINAL=ILS01L
SID=WINCO2
STAR=
APPR_Trans=

Waypoints in MCDU

OHOFO BORLE MEAGN WINCO LAGOO SELMN

Flight 1:

Used the autogenerated values for speed/altitude; that is, I made no changes to the waypoints and their assigned values

The flight proceeded on Autopilot without issue and all plan values seemed to complete as expected.

Flight 2:

Once again the autogenerated values were used save for one change. The OHOFO waypoint was changed to have an altitude constraint value of -5000.

The flight proceeded on Autopilot, ascended to 5000 before OHOFO and once past that waypoint the aircraft climbed to cruise as expected. Speeds were also as expected <250@10000

Flight 3:

Once again the autogenerated values were used save for two changes.

The OHOFO waypoint was changed to have an altitude constraint value of -5000.

The OHOFO waypoint was changed to have a speed constraint value of 200.

The flight proceeded on Autopilot, ascended to 5000 @ 200 knots before OHOFO and once past that waypoint the aircraft began climbing to cruise as expected; however the speed stayed at 200

Should it not have changed back to not exceed 250 by itself ?

The MCDU speed values at the next waypoint was 316 but I expected the aircraft to accelerate to 250 until it reached 10000.

Am I supposed to do something different to get this thing to maintain expected climb and speed? ( I did press the speed button just in case it needed to be woken up but that made no difference)

Please login to display this image.

Archived