Aerosoft Trondheim V2 - Texture issues

JakobHermann

• Deputy Sheriffs

Jakob, please post screenshot in jpg format only.

Which sim is this and what other scenery addos are you running?

Also pleast post a screenshot of your scenery library so that we can see where Trondheim sits.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Cant comment much on P3Dv3, but

- in general it is a bad idea to install a sim under c:\Program Files (x86) due to Windows UAC

- in such a case you have to run every installer and the sim as Adminstrator (right click on the exe and choose "Run as...).

- what you mifght try is to disable (by simply unchecking it) FsDreamTeam Exclude and see if this helps.

So, to be right:

Yesterday I install ASCA, after that i got the Problem with Trondheim. After couple of minutes I unistall ASCA and Airport was working pretty fine. So the problem is with ASCA but I dont know where exactly should I search the solusion. I know exactly that is not so good idea to Install p3d on C but I get my PC with only C. Before Install ASCA all the things was perfect. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

For the future: even if you have only a drive c, you can create a folder like c:\P3D which is then not influenced by UAC.

Regrading your problem: as it is related to ASCA, you should contact HiFiSimualtion and asking them for help.

Thank you for contacting HiFI Support. We are here to help resolve this issue. The installation of ASCA textures by themselves would not cause this issue. The Cloud Art textures are installed into the main simulator Texture folder and would not overwrite or delete any textures existing in that folder as they are only cloud and sky textures.

By the looks of things it appears that either the shader cache needs clearing or the scenery layering order may not be correct. Some airport textures are not loading so the first thing to try is to clear the shader cache; Browse to the shader cache located in AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders and delete the contents, the shader cache will be rebuilt when the sim is restarted.

Restart the simulator and verify whether the textures load correctly, it may take a few moments for all the texture to load which is normal upon clearing the shader cache.

Airport textures by themselves may be affected by other texture addons or the default textures may have become corrupt with the installation or modification of these textures. Payware or freeware airports must reside in the highest priority within the scenery.cfg, their appearance may be affected based on their location within the .cfg file located in the Program Data\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 folder. You may have to consult with members of a flight sim forum for proper layering order.

Lastly, based on your other ticket I see that you have asked whether ASCA will work with ASN. The textures are installed and influence the appearance of clouds and sky color however, unlike AS16 or ASP4 weather textures will not change dynamically by using ASN. This means that with ASN the simulator has to be closed in order to install another texture set or "Theme." With the introduction of AS16 the themes are now loaded into the sim using one of the two "Dynamic" models where users will experience an automatic change in weather. Users simply need to install a base texture "Theme" then select a "Dynamic" theme and the rest is done with AS16 and ASCA.

Please let me know how things are progressing. 

Best regards,

Thas all what they said.....

I'm using Aerosoft Trondheim with ASCA; it's actually the airport I fly the most from, and I have it as my default.

I've been using both addons since P3Dv3.4 and into v4.4 that I'm currently running, and never had an issue. So it surprises me that you get these results.

I'm inclined to agree with HiFi Simulations here. Something has gotten out of whack with the scenery ordering, and/or it is a shaders problem. Deleting and rebuilding the shaders like HiFi Support suggests is in general a good thing after installing things like ASCA.

• Deputy Sheriffs

@Jakob: do what Hifi said, clear your shader cash, also change the scenery order as I suggested.

What happens when you reinstall Trondheim after ASCA?

I just comeback from my work now. I start P3D V3 and ? Trondheim is working. I dont understand that. The last thing I've do yesterday was: changing quality from 2024 to 1024 if clouds and texture in ASCA. thats all. who understand it....? Any way, after I reinstall Trondheim yesterday every thing was the same - not working. 

Now i still thinking about AS16 buy it or not...Its a bit expansive but im not sure about REX SKY FORCE 3D and ASCA....together. So probably i will buy AS16 and after that gonna pray that all the sceneries work fine. 

• Aerosoft
3 hours ago, JakobHermann said:

Thas all what they said.....

And did you do what they suggested? It makes little sense to copy it here and not do as they advised does it now?

As the issue is really not with our software I suggest you solve the issue with the companies involved.

Archived