Fairbanks Pro won't install

stephenjdecatur

I can usually sort this kind of problem out, but not this time. The first time I installed it, after having to browse for the stock installation (where P3D "wants" to go), the scenery seemed to install ok but did not show up in the sim. So I tried activating it. There are three choices for activation, but nothing for an Orbx based install. I tried one and got a freeze up, I tried another and got most of the scenery, I think all of it except the ground textures. OK. I then tried uninstalling and reinstalling. New problem: tried pointing the installer toward my P3D installation (as before), this time it will not "find" P3D at all. Hit the back button, FSX is selected, switch to P3D, browse to P3D location, same result, won't "find" P3D. Again, the sim is in the default (C drive) location. I looked briefly through the forum to see if anyone else was having a similar problem, but it doesn't seem so. I'm kinda scratching my head over this one. Any body got any ideas? 

Thanks in advance,

Alright, I went back and checked my account, I'm not sure exactly how I did it, but I purchased the wrong product. I have not used FSX in years. I am using P3Dv4 now and I thought I was buying the Pro version of Fairbanks.

Mathijs, can you help me out here, or is it just too late for me:)

Steve Decatur

• Deputy Sheriffs

Steve, various time duricng the purchasing process you have the chance to review what you are going to buy:

Please login to display this image.

So I suggest you buy the Pro version of Fairbanks for an upgrade price of 9 Euro and accept this as a kind of "learning fee".

And next time please read carefully the product description and T&Cs before clicking on the "Buy" button.

Mopperle,

Thank you for your reply. I have looked on both product pages and checked my account, but see nowhere to purchase this upgrade. I will gladly purchase this uprade, perhaps you could tell me where to find it.

Thank you,

Steve Decatur

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just do what the instruction tells you there:

when ordering the new professional version of Fairbanks enter the serial of your X version into the voucher field and hit the ">" right next to it. The update discount will then be added to the purchase.

• Developer

Fairbank Professional is until the 26/12/2018 already selled by a discount price, as long as this is active the upgrades are blocked because "Attention:Not in conjunction with other discounts."

When you wait until the 27/12/2018, you will be able to buy it for the reduced Update fee.

Archived