Worldwide Prohibited Restrictive Airspace information in PFPX ver. 2.03

Hi there,

I heard PFPX ver. 2.03 now supports prohibited & restrictive airspace and was toggled on by default.

However, I found restrictive airspace is only available for a few countries in the default database. I would like to ask if there a way to show this information worldwide or is there a way to update the database using a plugin or manual editing?

I asked this because everytime the route is automatically generated I got caution message saying the route transits a restrictive area. I have to edit the route manually (I did not check ignore the restriction option in Advanced Flight Planner) I want the program to do this for me, that avoids any prohibited airspace or active restrictive airspace.

Thank you very much for the assistance.

Cheers,

Gordon

Hello Gordon,

Restrictive airspace is not toggled on by default, the areas have to be activated by the user or for the user to set the active times.

Without a snaphot I have to assume that all you are seeing are advisory messages of crossing the areas and bot warnings.

If the areas are set active they appear red on the map and then PFPX will certainly try to avoid them.

Hi Gordon,

expect lots of restrictive areas (at least for Europe region) to be active for certain times with next RAD and Directs update 1901 beginning of January.

As far as I have tested, not all areas should be set active, as PFPX won't be able to create reasonable routes then.

Without an option to define exceptions to cross those areas on specific directs/airways on certain flight levels, when those areas are active, it's better to set them inactive.

But feel free to test around by yourself. You can manual edit the areas via "Route Data" -> "Restrictive Airspace".

Regards

David

Archived