Flightplan shows loaded but doesn't display legs

Hi

Created route/flightplan with PFPX and exported to CRJ using their export function.

Loaded the route/flightplan and EXEC

The CDU did display the message Flighplan Loaded but no legs appear.

The flightplan content is -

[CoRte]
ArptDep=EDDF
ArptArr=EDDT
RwyDep=EDDF25C
RwyArr=EDDT26R
Airway1=N858
Airway1FROM=TOBAK
Airway1TO=SWALM
Airway2=T201
Airway2FROM=SWALM
Airway2TO=TAMEB
Airway3=T278
Airway3FROM=TAMEB
Airway3TO=RUDAK

Ray

Yes. that's the correct route and the plan produced by PFPX. It doesn't contain the performance items as, strictly speaking, the flight plan should only contain the actual route with no SID or STAR. The format follows that described in the documentation.

I've also chosen not to load performance data from the flight plan fie as in the documentation - 

"The PerfData section will only be used if “Load PERF INIT Data with Flightplan” is enabled on the Options page in CRJ Manager. Otherwise it will be ignored when the route is loaded."

This is more realistic.

The route is valid and the CDU states that it is loaded, but other than the departure and destination, it does not load as I believe it should.

Ray

System:

Windows 10 Pro

CRJ version 1.2.2.3

P3D V4.3

Hi Hans

This is a CRJ flightplan produced by PFPX.

As it is a company route they are normally saved without SID, STARS or transitions as any of those could be changed at any time before the flight and also during the flight.

Are you saying that it's mandatory to have SIDS, STARS and transitions to enable a flightplan to be loaded?

Ray

Hi

Did a test by completing a plan in the CRJ without SID, STAR, transition and without a departing runway or arriving runway. As would be expected to see in a "standard" company route.

Saved it from the sim OK without warning but it would not load.

I did a test where the departing runway was defined plus all the legs but not SID, STAR, Transition or arrival runway defined. I put a direct to the first waypoint and a direct from my last waypoint to the destination AD, This saved and loaded OK.

This is as close to that "standard" company route that I could get as the CRJ had to have a departing runway defined.

The plain text of the route ended up as EDDF DCT TOBAK N858 SWALM T201 TAMEB T278 RUDAK DCT EDDT

Of course, all of this only works because I planned the flights inside the CRJ rather than an external flight planner like PFPX.

As the CRJ uses coordinates for its directs I suspect that PFPX and similar programs will struggle with creating an acceptable flight plan like this.

So my question is, are there any flightplan programs that can create a valid "company route" type flight plan for the CRJ.

Regards

Ray

• Developer

The CRJ format is derived from the original Airbus company route format but had to be extended to allow people to load "complete" flights including SID/STAR and perf data.

The Airbus uses coordinates too (the CRJ only uses them to find the closest waypoint if the waypoint name exists more than one time in the database).

I usually use Simbrief to build flightplans, but even there, I just type in the calculated route and don't use the route file it creates. I can't remember that either Simbrief or PFPX ever asked me for a file format description, so they must have figured it out by themselves.

I'll give both a try though to see what causes the problem and then I'll let them know so they can fix it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Same here. The flightplan generated bij PFPX is loaded but no legs visible. The same goes for the pre-installed routes. If I load them through the FMS it`s the same. The route is loaded but no legs.

I use P3DV4 with the latest navigraph AIRAC. In FSX this wasn`t a problem.

Regards

Niels

Hi all if I could enter this thread please.

I have got my VA company route to load via the FMS and even added the SID and STAR which shows just fine in the FMS. But I can't get it to show on the MFD map. I have toggled the Format/Range knob to make sure it is on MAP but absolutely no route shows.

Is this the same issue you guys are having?

Archived