V 2.03 Questions

Dear sir/madam,

I recently installed 2.03 over 1.28.9i. So far so good however there is no entry anymore in Control Panel - Programs. What went wrong? Secondly I noticed that in the directory "PFPX Data" the files RAD.dat and Altcap.dat are no longer present. However I saw two new directories RestrictiveAirspace (RestrictiveAirspace.dat) and RouteRestrictions (Eurocontrol.dat). Are that the replacements for those two files? After every AIRAC cycle there was an update to download from Sharky; how are these files (RestrictiveAirspace.dat and Eurocontrol.dat) updated? Can someone answer these questions?

Many thanks,

Alje Bakker

11 hours ago, ajcbakker said:

Secondly I noticed that in the directory "PFPX Data" the files RAD.dat and Altcap.dat are no longer present. However I saw two new directories RestrictiveAirspace (RestrictiveAirspace.dat) and RouteRestrictions (Eurocontrol.dat). Are that the replacements for those two files? After every AIRAC cycle there was an update to download from Sharky; how are these files (RestrictiveAirspace.dat and Eurocontrol.dat) updated?

The EuroControl.dat file replaces RAD.dat and Alcap.dat as a merged file. PFPX imports the older format files when found in  the PFPX DATA root folder, they are then removed. Currently the import causes PFPX to freeze, seemingly at the end of the process, just terminate with task manager.

Restrictive airspace is a new function allowing you to enable the published areas.

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 hours ago, ajcbakker said:

So far so good however there is no entry anymore in Control Panel - Programs. What went wrong?

That is a known problem in the current setup and the developer is already aware of it. 

The uninstaller is nevertheless available in the folder above the chosen installation folder. 

Many thanks for your answers Stephen and Tom. Things are almost clear to me. However some questions remain.

@Stephen: as stated, both files (RAD.dat and Altcap.dat) don't exist anymore in my PFPX Data folder. On that fact can I assume that the import into EuroControl.dat was successful? If not, how will this be repaired; after all, both files have been deleted? How will this file EuroControl.dat be updated in the near future; or is that something that Sharky should answer?

@Tom: will this be repaired in a future release?

Kind regards,

Alje Bakker

Archived