FlightSimLabs AOC uplink in 2.03

hello,

after installing V2.03 the FlightSimLabs AOC uplinkfunction (printing the flightplan to the FSL- bus) doesn't work anymore. It tells me something about an invalid flightplan. Yesterday, with 2.01, everything worked perfectly. Do I have to do some other steps now than I did before?

Kai

The FSL AOC service has not worked for me for some time.

I save the OFP to \Public\Documents\FSLabs Data\Routes then enter the FLT NBR followed by INIT REQUEST, this works 100% of the time.

1 minute ago, Arz2934 said:

I still have this issue. I uninstalled 2.0 and the AOC uplink works again. When I reinstalled v2.03, I still had the invalid flight plan error. 

Even if you follow my advice above ?

On 12/12/2018 at 1:40 PM, srcooke said:

Ok having issues here also, after the .net updates of windows today

On 12/12/2018 at 10:43 AM, srcooke said:

The FSL AOC service has not worked for me for some time.

I save the OFP to \Public\Documents\FSLabs Data\Routes then enter the FLT NBR followed by INIT REQUEST, this works 100% of the time.

I did this exact same procedure prior to PFPX v2.x and it always worked perfectly.  After updating to v2.03 it no longer works.  I get the same "Invalid Flightplan" error.

For the time being, I can still import the FP by adding the departure and destination airports ICAO codes into the MCDU and it then shows me the exported flight plan, which I can then import.  But I did prefer the former procedure that is no longer working.  I have confidence you will get this sorted soon enough.

Doug

Perhaps a static FSL OFP needs to be developed, it cannot be expected that the PFPX's own OFP remains the same.

Saving the OFP to \Public\Documents\FSLabs Data\Routes  works on a large number of occasions yet some flightplans fail, the reason is not clear.

Too many changes occurred at the same time, FSL update, PFPX update, WIN10 .net updates.

Stephen, with all due respect, Simbrief went through all the same changes and it still works.

something has gone “out of wack” in PFPX and this should be on your list of fixes. I do accept that you’ve got a lot on right now, but as you are facing the same problems, it might be an incentive for you too to check what is going on

A peaceful Christmas to all

Peter

1 hour ago, 747Fan said:

with all due respect, Simbrief went through all the same changes and it still works.

That is not true for all users either Peter according to the FSL forum.

FSL are choosing to read the Flightsimsoft PFPX OFP, there is no published format from them, so as user issues posted on their forum are unanswered and as an FSL user myself I have opened my own support ticket.

I have just found here that an alternate route with only a DCT entry eg LFPO DCT LFPV will cause the FSL AOC service to fall over and return the invalid flightplan statement.

Perhaps those that have reported issues here could check by ensuring that any alternate routes that use DCT are removed before PFPX compute/release or select a 1st alternate with an non-direct route.

If the AOC service cannot accept a DCT route then it should skip over the entry, the problem is not as a result of the PFPX OFP.

11 hours ago, srcooke said:

That is not true for all users either Peter according to the FSL forum.

FSL are choosing to read the Flightsimsoft PFPX OFP, there is no published format from them, so as user issues posted on their forum are unanswered and as an FSL user myself I have opened my own support ticket.

Stephen still works here in YMML, 2 minutes ago, no problem what so ever including SID/STAR

cheers

Peter

On 12/21/2018 at 4:13 AM, srcooke said:

I have just found here that an alternate route with only a DCT entry eg LFPO DCT LFPV will cause the FSL AOC service to fall over and return the invalid flightplan statement.

Perhaps those that have reported issues here could check by ensuring that any alternate routes that use DCT are removed before PFPX compute/release or select a 1st alternate with an non-direct route.

If the AOC service cannot accept a DCT route then it should skip over the entry, the problem is not as a result of the PFPX OFP.

Steve - I just created a flight plan that did not include DCT in the alternate destination routing, and the flight plan imported as expected when entering the flight number and selecting "Init Request".  Happy camper here!

Thanks,

Doug

wonder why the process of clicking print aoc doesnt work but doing as mentioned ie no ALTN Dct and enter the flight number and init request work

surely something isnt right though if the AOC doesnt work when you press print

5 minutes ago, donkey20048 said:

wonder why the process of clicking print aoc doesnt work but doing as mentioned ie no ALTN Dct and enter the flight number and init request work

surely something isnt right though if the AOC doesnt work when you press print

Yes, the FSL AOC service :)

The fact that you can import the very same file via the FLT NBR \ INIT method and not via the AOC Print service ( that has not worked here for long time ) would seem to point to AOC does it not ?

On 12/25/2018 at 12:23 PM, srcooke said:

The fact that you can import the very same file via the FLT NBR \ INIT method and not via the AOC Print service ( that has not worked here for long time ) would seem to point to AOC does it not ?

Well it worked here always fine till the latest version 2.03 which messed up thinks badly frustrating to say the least....

Archived