NAV on Autopilot Not Working

Eric02

Hi! I have flown the Airbus family for FSX for a while, and just recently decided to upgrade to P3D v4, and Airbus Professional bundle. The NAV on the autopilot won’t set. Even after I have followed all the procedures, and set the FMC, the auto NAV won’t work. It will activate when I press it, but the plane won’t turn or stay on course. It just keeps the plane going in a straight line. Anyone know how I can fix this, or am I doing something wrong procedures wise?

Thanks,

Eric

55 minutes ago, Eric02 said:

Hi! I have flown the Airbus family for FSX for a while, and just recently decided to upgrade to P3D v4, and Airbus Professional bundle. The NAV on the autopilot won’t set. Even after I have followed all the procedures, and set the FMC, the auto NAV won’t work. It will activate when I press it, but the plane won’t turn or stay on course. It just keeps the plane going in a straight line. Anyone know how I can fix this, or am I doing something wrong procedures wise?

Thanks,

Eric

Hello Eric!

If you haven't already, use the AS Updater to update to the most recent version.

The Airbus Pro has a few more things which have to be entered that were not present on the FSX version.  To check for these, please see the Step by Step Guide in the documentation.

A combination of the above should help you resolve your problem my friend!

Best wishes!

Same Problem for me. Autopilot wont follow route in NAV. Sometimes I get it working again with DIRECT TO but at the next waypoint it sometimes keeps flying straight. I cannot reproduce it - just happens from time to time. (Also climbing to Cruise level wont end 4ever)

Please login to display this image.

Thanks - well wouldnt it say HDG then in PFD? For sure I use HDG selected a lot on my departures in the mountains but that shouldnt be a Problem. Using DIRECT to next WP should in all cases switch to NAV or not? Sometimes it does, may be with a hold when I am to close but sometimes just wont apply at all. Looks like sometimes the next waypoint is just not picked up.

On 12.12.2018 at 05:55, DaveCT2003 sagte:

If you haven't already, use the AS Updater to update to the most recent version.

Must have missed that - where can I find the updater? Its not Part of my install somehow. I dont know if this is a Win10 issue but also all I can find in Start/search is the Airbus config file.

Archived