Throttles and Auto pilot conflicting

Louis8m

I built a news system  using FSX and Windows 10  and this bird is one of my favourites but for some unknown reason and out of options , when I'm airborne and engage the auto pilot the throttles go   bezerk and I have to shove them up and down a few times to get them tamed down , this is the only plane that does this and I have no idea . The setting of the throttles was never really the best and always real jerky. I run Precision flight Controls for a yoke and throttle quadrant and can't get then right  so I unticked the quadrant tool for PFControl and tried with FSUIPC and its not the best and the Prop levers, I just can't get either, one is smooth and the other is very erratic  . Any ideas ? cause I might just have to scape this bird.  But the Auto pilot making the throttles jump around on engaging is a mystery --- Thanks Louis 

I disconnected the Go flight auto pilot  and just clicked the auto pilot 'on' with my mouse and it still does it ,  darn, something is conflicting between the auto pilot and the throttles some how . Thought you would of came to Vegas at the conference but you never came they told me ----Louis

1 hour ago, Louis8m said:

I disconnected the Go flight auto pilot  and just clicked the auto pilot 'on' with my mouse and it still does it ,  darn, something is conflicting between the auto pilot and the throttles some how . Thought you would of came to Vegas at the conference but you never came they told me ----Louis

Only thing I can think of is that the autopilot is built on top of the standard functions and it may be that one of these commands auto-throttle under some circumstances. There isn't an auto-throttle on the Twin Otter but it may be that something in the PFC throttle quad driver intercepts this? This is all pure speculation but the PFC hardware is the non-standard link in the chain, as I believe their hardware isn't designed to show up as regular HIDs.

Umm ok , could be I might have to delete the PFC .INI file and let it rebuild. I think your right about the PFC driver Mark .Now that I reinstalled this bird on a new system is there any changes that you made that I should be putting in Mark ? I know a while back you had made some -----Louis -  Alberta  Canada

3 hours ago, Louis8m said:

Now that I reinstalled this bird on a new system is there any changes that you made that I should be putting in Mark ? I know a while back you had made some -----Louis -  Alberta  Canada

For me, just the additional ice gauge. I did post it here but I think the files all got wiped out at some point .You can get it from here instead if you're interested, although you have to be registered to see the attachments.

Well here's what I found so you know in case it happens to some one out there . Setting the throttles with a turbo prop I find very hard , they are very sensitive and hard to sync . so what I do with turbo props  is in FSUIPC I go to Hot Keys and there you see a box you can insert the @ key to sync the props, well I didn't use that key  to sync and when I engaged the auto pilot it was fine ,so it's  syncing the props with the @ key seems to cause  the throttles to go right nuts . I searched and searched why the throttles on these turbo pops are so sensitive and hard to set and all  I could fine it that its a FSX issue and not the fault of the developers .So thanks for the help .  Louis

Archived