No ASC_Avionics_ON or OFF sound

StarGames

Yesterday I saw a video of a startup from a real A320 and I love the sound, when you connect the external Power to the Aircraft. So I thought it would be nice if this would be implemented in the Aerosoft Airbus. Then I remembered that I already heard this in the Airbus Pro, but haven’t noticed it recently and started a flight. I connected the ground power, but only the normal Avionics sound came. So I thought the Sound got deleted and looked into the files and found the ASC_Avionics_ON and OFF files with exactly that sound I searched for. Because I also got some problems with printer printing invisible sheets, I completely reinstalled the whole A320 Family, restarted the PC and started a Flight, but no Avionics_ON or OFF sound. Then I installed the experimental updates, maybe they fix the problem, but they don’t. 

Now my Question: Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug with the Aircraft? My default State is Cold and Dark. :) I already searched in the forum for this topic and found nothing so I opened this on :D

On 13.12.2018 at 11:59, Mathijs Kok sagte:

I'll have a look at this.

Thx Mathijs :)
I found out that instead of the ASC_AvionicsOn and ASC_AvionicsOff sounds it is playing the ThrottleDetend_RevOff sound.

I just tested this, and it certainly seems to me as if the correct sounds are being used.

To test this yourself you have to kill GSX (if you have it) and then go to MCDU#3, Sound, Volume, write down the volume settings on the LEFT side of the display, and then put them all to zero (0).  Then place the Avionics to 98 and you should hear the same sound that comes from ASC_AvionicsOn sound file.

Please login to display this image.

Let us know how you make out?

Many thanks guys!

16 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I just tested this, and it certainly seems to me as if the correct sounds are being used.

To test this yourself you have to kill GSX (if you have it) and then go to MCDU#3, Sound, Volume, write down the volume settings on the LEFT side of the display, and then put them all to zero (0).  Then place the Avionics to 98 and you should hear the same sound that comes from ASC_AvionicsOn sound file.

Let us know how you make out?

Many thanks guys!

I think he's referring to the spooling up and down avionics sound. I saw on another thread this was being worked on, perhaps that's his issue?

1 hour ago, atav757 said:

I think he's referring to the spooling up and down avionics sound. I saw on another thread this was being worked on, perhaps that's his issue?

Many thanks!  Unfortunately it's a different matter.  The thread you speak of has the solution for that issue (I think I posted it), and since implementing that I haven't had any issues.

vor 5 Stunden , atav757 sagte:

I think he's referring to the spooling up and down avionics sound.

👍

vor 21 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

Hey Dave. Have tested it with the settings in you picture, but it isn't working. As already mentioned it is playing the ThrottleDetend_RevOff sound for both action. Both, the first activation of the external power on the overhead, as well as the subsequent turn off, makes the same sound. So the two files (ASC_AvionicsOn and ASC_AvionicsOff) can not be used at all, but if only one of them would be used, it doesn't make sense at all. :D Can you link me that other thread you mentioned Dave?
Thx :)

1 hour ago, StarGames said:

👍

Hey Dave. Have tested it with the settings in you picture, but it isn't working. As already mentioned it is playing the ThrottleDetend_RevOff sound for both action. Both, the first activation of the external power on the overhead, as well as the subsequent turn off, makes the same sound. So the two files (ASC_AvionicsOn and ASC_AvionicsOff) can not be used at all, but if only one of them would be used, it doesn't make sense at all. :D Can you link me that other thread you mentioned Dave?
Thx :)

Okay, I think it would serve you best to uninstall the Airbus, remove any remaining folders, redownload the product, disable computer security, run the installer "As Admin", then run the ASUpdater "As Admin".  This should resolve the problem you're having.

Let me know how that works out?

Many thanks!

I think that he refers to the “button sound” and the well known ding sound of avionics starting. Both files are not used at all. Instead, a Thrust detend sound is played. I noticed this some months ago, just after release:

Yeah I just did a brand new install on a new computer on clean P3D and the sounds are all messed up. The Avionics on/off are missing, which for me is super important because I love that popping sound. I see the external pack and brake fans are still being worked on, so I assume all of this will be coming in an update. Until then this plane needs to sit in a hangar 😁

On 12/19/2018 at 12:02 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Many thanks!  Unfortunately it's a different matter.  The thread you speak of has the solution for that issue (I think I posted it), and since implementing that I haven't had any issues.

I can't seem to find it, forgive me. I'd love to know what that fix is!

23 minutes ago, atav757 said:

I can't seem to find it, forgive me. I'd love to know what that fix is!

I'm not at my computer right now, but you'll find it by Google, try P3d time_constant. If memory serves, you have to change the P3d cfg to read time_constant=0.

Archived