NOTAM Filtering

Hi,

Could someone explain the "NOTAM Q-code/text filter" box in the NOTAM filter settings please?

I thought it might filter out NOTAMS with whatever text I enter in the box but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Thanks,

Rob

Just to give you an example of how it could be used.

If you want to determine the VIS/RVR/VV/Ceiling WX minima that an airport has to meet before it can be filed as an alternate airport, you would have to know which approach systems are available.

So if you already know that the expected runway got an ILS, you could simply filter for "ILS" and it will show you any possible downgrades regarding the ILS that you would have to take into account. 

That's what I would expect too - for it to include/exclude certain text items in the NOTAMS but it appears this doesn't seem to be the case, for me at least.

For example if I enter the word CRANE in the NOTAM Q-code/text filter box in settings, I would expect it to either include or exclude (depending on how it works) all NOTAMS with the word CRANE in them when "Active" is selected on the NOTAM filtering. But this doesn't appear to be the case. I've tried different combinations of CRANE, "CRANE", CRANE*, *CRANE*, etc but it doesn't seem to be doing anything, although I may be using it incorrectly!

Thanks,

Rob

Archived