Weather source settings

Artox67

Is it possible by any chance to make the weather source settings you set once permanent. (default)

Reason there for is I always use hoppie network weather but ever restart of the bus I've to set the source again and again.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, I cannot reproduce the issue. Your are right, when this option had been implemented the settings could not be saved. But in the mean time this has been changed and I just tested it and the feature works e.g. the settings are saved. So please update to the current experimental version.......

Regards,

Rolf

vor 6 Minuten, Hanse sagte:

Sorry, I cannot reproduce the issue. Your are right, when this option had been implemented the settings could not be saved. But in the mean time this has been changed and I just tested it and the feature works e.g. the settings are saved. So please update to the current experimental version.......

Regards,

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

thx for reply. I'm on the latest version 1.2.1.5 but it will not keep my setting. After every restart the default option is set again. (Sim weather)

New clean install of the bus was done yesterday. Could you explain where the setting will be stored? (Folder and file) So I can check if there is anything wrong with my read and write permissions.

Cheers

vor 47 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Make sure you use 1.2.2.0.

Still the same issue after restart sim 😞

Update done and successful. 

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 2 Stunden , Artox67 sagte:

Update done and successful.  

What do you mean by that? Your problem is solved and the selected weather source now is saved?

Regards,

Rolf

Hi, by me it also resets after sim restart. I've also noticed that when i choose one of the weather source (i don't use in sim weather), then at AOC page when i recall any weather, it shows me latest current METAR, thats fine. Then after eg. after one hour, when i want to check changes, it recalls everytime the same METAR. Regards.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 16 Stunden , Artox67 sagte:

Means NO the update didn't solve the issue. Weather source is NOT saved.

Hi,

normally there are two "saving options" e. g. the general one and the one when saving a flight situation. In case of the Weather Source as it is a basic setting it is not saved with a flight situation e.g. the basic setting will always overwrite the selection made in a special flight situation. As this works on my system without any problems the issue must be in your installation. There are two files involved in this saving and I would like you to send me those two files via PM. The files are:

1. Setup.abx - ....\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\Data
  2. MCDU2b.xml - ......\.\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional Base\Panel_Fallback\AB_MCDU2

Additionally please tell me if all the other MCDU3 settings you made are saved.......e.g. the problem is just with the weather source.

Regards,

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 13 Stunden , brtkstn sagte:

Hi, by me it also resets after sim restart. I've also noticed that when i choose one of the weather source (i don't use in sim weather), then at AOC page when i recall any weather, it shows me latest current METAR, thats fine. Then after eg. after one hour, when i want to check changes, it recalls everytime the same METAR. Regards.

Hi,

it seems that this is a different issue e.g. the weather source during a flight is changing automatically. To make it clear: Your problem is that you set a certain weather source in the MCDU3 and that on the AOC page a different weather source (or allways just METAR) is used? Please confirm and the best would be then to open another new thread and not to "hijack" this one......

Regards,

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs

After a lot of investigation with ARTOX67 it is now clear that the problem was based on various not up-to-date files used in the installer. Users having the same issue please "update" (using experimental updating) your system.  

Archived