Thrust reverser sound issue

Meyerflyer

Hello,

when the thrust reverser is open after touchdown, it becomes silent for about 1-2 seconds about 15-20 seconds after deploying it. It think, it is a about 15-20 seconds long audio file that is repeatet. Because it introduces with an increasing sound level, this drop is repeated after the sound file is repeated as well. At least I think so. I'm sure this has been an issue with the old bus, too. Solution should probably be making the sound file as long as the longest thrust reverser usage could be, or the sound file is split into a part with the increasing noise and one with the stable thrust reverse sound and this file is only repeated without the repeating noise drop. I hope you can understand this. Thanks for checking. :)

4 minutes ago, Meyerflyer said:

Hello,

when the thrust reverser is open after touchdown, it becomes silent for about 1-2 seconds about 15-20 seconds after deploying it. It think, it is a about 15-20 seconds long audio files that is repeatet. Because it introduces with an increasing sound level, this drop is repeated after the sound file is repeated as well. At least I think so. I'm sure this has been an issue with the old bus, too. Solution should probably be making the sound file as long as the longest thrust reverser usage could be, or the sound file is split into a part with the increasing noise and one with the stable thrust reverse sound and this file is only repeated without the repeating noise drop. I hope you can understand this. Thanks for checking. :)

I experienced this one time during RTO testing, but never on a normal landing.  Of note is that I almost always boot into a default P3D aircraft first (the F-22 is not truly a default, I use one of the Mooney aircraft), but I didn't do this for my RTO testing and I did do it for normal flights.

Can you please try booting into a default aircraft, and see if you still have the issue?  I will do the same (tomorrow).  This will help us track it down.

Many thanks for writing in about this!

Yeah I can try, but it happens on every single flight. So there seems to be a general issue. Normally I indeed don't load any other plane before loading the bus. Would be quite annoying if I would have to before every flight. Best wishes.

31 minutes ago, Meyerflyer said:

but it happens on every single flight.

Do you load a default aircraft first on every flight?  If not, then that is what I'm asking you to test.

You say that you normally don't have to load a default aircraft and "it works", but my reply is how would/do you know unless an error causes a visual issue or CTD?  Many times an issue isn't seen or experienced, but it's still there.  Anyway, when we troubleshoot, we test and look at specific things to help rule them out my friend.

Many thanks!

vor 9 Stunden , Meyerflyer sagte:

or the sound file is split into a part with the increasing noise and one with the stable thrust reverse sound and this file is only repeated without the repeating noise drop.

I think this should be the solution...... :)

I also get that always when leaving the reversers open for a bit longer .... indeed quite annoying.....

vor 8 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

Do you load a default aircraft first on every flight?  If not, then that is what I'm asking you to test.

You say that you normally don't have to load a default aircraft and "it works", but my reply is how would/do you know unless an error causes a visual issue or CTD?  Many times an issue isn't seen or experienced, but it's still there.  Anyway, when we troubleshoot, we test and look at specific things to help rule them out my friend.

Many thanks!

I did fully understand you Dave. :) Yes, I always load the bus from the inital P3D screen directly, without loading another aircraft before. I'll try my best to help you tracking down this issue. But I'm quite sure it's no real issue here, but only a too short sound file that is repeated, when the file itself is at the end.

Vor 1 Stunde, Meyerflyer sagte:

But I'm quite sure it's no real issue here, but only a too short sound file that is repeated, when the file itself is at the end.

This seems very obviously to be the case...

there is just one reverser audio file wich includes the increasing volume at the beginning. And this whole file seems to get looped over and over again.  (same happended on previous version of the busses)

You can just put the aircraft in takeoff state and hit the reversers  and listen for a while to what happens ....

(BTW...audio files in general a really full of clipping noises....this is not really professional audio processing...but ok, this is another topic I guess :) ) 

8 hours ago, suniram said:

this is not really professional audio processing

If we were to do a TSS Sound Pack ourselves, it would drive the price up higher, and we focus on quality at a reasonable price.

6 hours ago, Meyerflyer said:

I can fully confirm suniram's post. I think, everything, AS or TSS should check is, wether there is only one single reverse thrust audio file and how long it is. :)

Honestly, that does nothing to help confirm anything that I asked about.  I'll try and find some time in the schedule to test this myself.

Thanks guys.

For those having this issue (likely everyone)... LM has said to "time_constant=0" under the [SOUND] section of Prepar3d.cfg" and see if that resolves the issue.

We will still look at the sound file on our end.

Best wishes.

Archived