Can I use my profiles from 1.28 in 2.03?

44 minutes ago, JackSwyr said:

I just downloaded the new 2.03 and already have 1.28 installed.  Can I use the PMDG 747 profiles from 1.28 in this new 2.03 version?

Many thanks.

I dont know if it is changed in 2.03. But make sure you take a backup first.

2 minutes ago, Tom Stian said:

I dont know if it is changed in 2.03. But make sure you take a backup first.

Thanks.  I’m doing a brand new Windows and P3D 4.4 install.

Ok, so I’m installing 2.03 now and it’s stuck on the Outdated database entries.  It’s been running for 15 minutes so far.  The title bar at the top does NOT show Not Responing so I assume it’s still working?  1.28 never took this long.  I’m hoping there’s not a problem.

1 minute ago, srcooke said:

You can always use ESC to stop the check ;)

I couldn’t.  I couldn’t even quit it, I had to force quit it with Task Manager.  Trying it again.

10 minutes ago, JackSwyr said:

Same here, and I just updated the database with Navigraph but when I run PFPX I see it’s using Nav 1607.  So it’s now not seeing Navigraph’s update?

What AIRAC cycle is identified in cycle_info.txt located \Public\Documents\PFPX Data\NavData ?

Checking 10000 routes if you installed the supplied database is going to take a significant amount of time.

13 minutes ago, srcooke said:

What AIRAC cycle is identified in cycle_info.txt located \Public\Documents\PFPX Data\NavData ?

Checking 10000 routes if you installed the supplied database is going to take a significant amount of time.

1 hour ago, srcooke said:

Sent you an email ;)

Hmmm so I appear to have the same issue. Correct cycle_info.txt but it appears to be validating against 1607 in the application. PFPX was closed at the time when NavData was updated, and didn't have this issue in 2.01

Please login to display this image.

7 minutes ago, HammerTime_MC said:

Hmmm so I appear to have the same issue. Correct cycle_info.txt but it appears to be validating against 1607 in the application. PFPX was closed at the time when NavData was updated, and didn't have this issue in 2.01

Post a snapshot of the C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\NavData folder showing all files with date

1 minute ago, srcooke said:

You need to reinstall the AIRAC, the navdata.nav file is not that of 1813

I did reinstall the AIRAC before launching though, that's the thing...

I had v2.01 on NG1813 - I then installed v2.03 full, leaving my PFPX public data as it was in 2.01, rebooted... went into FMS data manager, reinstalled the airac for good measure, opened PFPX to be greeted by 1607. The cycle_info.txt was as per the screenshot above.

In the end, I renamed my whole public PFPX data, reinstalled 2.03 again, updated the AIRAC (exactly as I did before), and copied my aircraft stuff back... It's fine now.

I have installed PFPX 2.03 side by side to the previous version 1.28 but in a different location. Is it now save to deinstall v1.28 via the Windows deinstaller without worrying about deleting any profiles? More specifially, will a deinstall of v1.28 touch any files under "PFPX Data" (the place where the profiles sit), which are also used by v2.03?

I will backup the folder, but it would be good to know if anything else is touched required for v2.03.

Cheers,

Chris

I would backup the whole \Public\Documents\PFPX Data\ folder before uninstalling

That is the only location of your data, the program files are installed separately.

Archived