Engine startup sound issue - A319 CFM

suniram

I seem to have problems with engine start sounds since the update to v4.4.   I get a short sound pause upon ignition and yesterday even the whole startup sound stopped upon engine 2 ignition ...Never had this on V4.3

Did anybody else notice something similar ?

best regards

yes, quite sure.......never had that before and getting it now since updating to v4.4. Nothing else was changed on my system ...

( on the other hand this annoying issue with the "white square" around the aircraft during ignition is gone now...So one issue on engine start solved but a new one appeared... :) )

kind regards

I can say that I've never experienced this, and I don't recall anyone ever reporting it.

Are you using an added sound card on your system?

When this occurs, try pressing the "Q" key twice (it's an old issue with FSX and P3D on some systems) and see if that brings back the sound.

I would also update your sound drivers to see if that resolves this.

Best wishes!

Thanks for your replies,

I am using my onboard sound which is definitely correctly configured

The strange thing is that engine 2 startup sequence (sorry, I wrongly named the engine numbers in my first post) mostly works flawlessly, but on engine 1 ignition there is either a short pause before the combustion sound starts  or even the whole engine start combustion audio file is not getting triggered (a bit like the not triggered Engine shutdown sound). Any other sounds are not affected....  And as far as I can see both engines use the same startup audio files ....mystery to me

I never had that in P3D 4.3...and I am using the exact same audio config

Will see if there are any new drivers, but I updated them not so long ago.....

best regards

Edit: P.S.  made also a short test with an IAE variant and there was no problem

Archived