Hello,

thank you all for your reports! 

with the following hotfix the reported issues from the forum should be fixed.

Note: this is not a full installer - but a replacement of the original PFPX.exe file. Please unzip the file and place it into the following directory: c:\aerosoft\Professional Flight Planner X\

Best regards, Judith

PFPX Hotifx 2.01.zip

Installation.txt

1 hour ago, FlightSimSoft.com said:

Hello,

thank you all for your reports! 

with the following hotfix the reported issues from the forum should be fixed.

Note: this is not a full installer - but a replacement of the original PFPX.exe file. Please unzip the file and place it into the following directory: c:\aerosoft\Professional Flight Planner X\

Best regards, Judith

PFPX Hotifx 2.01.zip

Installation.txt

Thanks for the update appreciated, but unfortunately the bug with outdated routes still exits..

now (when using V2.01) there is wind info at the vertical profile when using active sky, but the wind charts do not have any wind data info on them when using active sky

please try to fix it

THIS IS THE VERTICAL PROFILE CHART:

Please login to display this image.

THIS IS THE WIND DATA CHART WITH NO WIND DATA WHEN USING ACTIVE SKY

Hi All,

The Maddog route export, still misses the last 2 waypoints from the PFPX route. Looks like the issue is with 'Directs'

Exported route(MDR)

KSFO
KBOS/KPVD
DIRECT TIPRE 38.205833 -121.035835
Q126 EKR 40.067444 -107.924950
J100 OBH 41.375736 -98.353592
J10 IOW 41.518963 -91.613251
J146 GIJ 41.768612 -86.318451
J554 JHW 42.188606 -79.121307

PFPX generated route

2 hours ago, Amit240 said:

now (when using V2.01) there is wind info at the vertical profile when using active sky, but the wind charts do not have any wind data info on them when using active sky

please try to fix it

THIS IS THE VERTICAL PROFILE CHART:

THIS IS THE WIND DATA CHART WITH NO WIND DATA WHEN USING ACTIVE SKY

How do you get terrain elevation information? It appears disabled in mine, and it reports elevation data not available.

Thanks!

Replaced the .exe as per install notes and it still says V2.00? Also trying to make a plan it simply won't go through the steps....quite frankly this "product" is not even close to being ready.

A total balls up and you guys just lost me for good.  Will be recommending people stay a mile away from this junk programme.

my version when i changed the exe is now 2.01.

what other issue do you have that makes you unhappy?

one thing is to vent the other is to explain the problems that maybe some will have a tip to make it works for you.

Installed the hotfix however it did not get rid of a problem that I had with PFPX asking/offering to "Find Destination Alternate Routes". It gave me DCT routes to the alternates, which is totally fine, but then the bar does not change to the next step, for example "Release Flight". I know I can press compute flight on the top left but still would like this to be fixed, as keeping to press "Find Destination Alternate Routes" has no effect at all

2 hours ago, Bluemarlin1 said:

Replaced the .exe as per install notes and it still says V2.00? Also trying to make a plan it simply won't go through the steps....quite frankly this "product" is not even close to being ready.

A total balls up and you guys just lost me for good.  Will be recommending people stay a mile away from this junk programme.

That's very harsh.  I have to disagree: a few teething problems don't make something a junk program.  Hopefully people will be able to make up their own minds.  I managed to plan flights fine with it.  Maybe if you could detail what the exact problem is...  You could always go back to a v1 version in the meantime?

3 hours ago, Bluemarlin1 said:

I totally agree. You have managed to completely screw up a perfectly good program. I am now unable to SAVE to Aivlasoft EFB as I used to be able to.

3 hours ago, leekyuhyoun said:

Hi!
I have seen vatsim traffic in the previous version, but I do not see it now.

In this picture, you have an option on the top right called 'Layout'. Click on that and then select 'Reset Windows'. The map should appear now.

3 hours ago, Michael Pitaev said:

Installed the hotfix however it did not get rid of a problem that I had with PFPX asking/offering to "Find Destination Alternate Routes". It gave me DCT routes to the alternates, which is totally fine, but then the bar does not change to the next step, for example "Release Flight". I know I can press compute flight on the top left but still would like this to be fixed, as keeping to press "Find Destination Alternate Routes" has no effect at all

Likely because the alternates chosen by PFPX aren't being fed a route correctly. I replicated your flight plan in PFPX, changed all the alternates to larger fields and it went through just fine.

3 hours ago, Michael Pitaev said:

Looks like the issue is when ANY alternate route is 'Direct', then you will be 'stuck'.  Like I a m here, right now

The way around this, until Christian gets around to fixing/changing this is to delete the DCT Alternates like so:

Now you can complete the planning process. It's not perfect BUT is is a current work around

6 hours ago, wanthuyr said:

How do you get terrain elevation information? It appears disabled in mine, and it reports elevation data not available.

Thanks!

No issues here when using AS as the current weather engine

1. Can you confirm that you have the 'TERRAIN' DB file in your Public Documents PFPX DATA folder

2. Can you confirm that you have setup PFPX to point to the correct Active Sky file, and if so does the AS file have the 'current data' in it?

3. Confirm that you did Run Active sky before you started PFPX?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Gentlemen,

can you PLEASE open separate topics for your problems?

If there is already a topic for your problem, just follow up in there with a hint that the problem still persists for you with hotfix 2.01.

This will make sure that nothing is getting missed in between. 

Thank you. 

Archived