Crew Info and Acars in PFPXv2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Basically

Crew Info is crew info...

Things like handlers at both airports, frequency and contact details for them and for refuellers.

ACARS is again what it says it is.

Some OFP's have a shortened format so you can receive a re-clearance through ACARS And print it out from the flightdeck and it appears in the correct format.

I've uploaded an example of what the crew information might look like from an old flightplan.

Please login to display this image.

Good info, but I think we're more looking at getting the format and commands used by the config files to use them properly within the program, similar to the documentation for the flight plan templates.

I made a quick test based on what Captain Tim says here and he's right, all of the fields from the OFP manual work when you create a file for crew info.  Not sure how useful this is right now because I can't figure out how to get this into a briefing package.

12 hours ago, ahuimanu said:

I made a quick test based on what Captain Tim says here and he's right, all of the fields from the OFP manual work when you create a file for crew info.  Not sure how useful this is right now because I can't figure out how to get this into a briefing package.

WHen you print the released FP you get an option the left to include 'crew info'

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Sorry for digging out this old topic, however, I think it fits.

Out of curiosity, I clicked on Crew info, just to see that there is no template for this. But now, in the "Results" tab, I have the Crew Info tab which is of no use for me. Is there any way to get rid of it? I couldn't find anything how to close the "Crew info" tab.

EDIT: Nevermind. It seems, if you delete the Crew info file in the folder, PFPX will not be able to find it and then removes the tab.

• 1 year later...

Could someone maybe be so kind as to give an example on how to put in pilot and crew info. 

I have tried with <&crew1>, <&crew2> and <&crew3> but I only get text fields. No names or anything. 

If I do the same in the ofp, crew1 is second officer, crew3 is third officer and crew2 is not showing anything. 

can someone help, please?

Sincerely,

Michael Hansen 

Archived