Strange click spot behaviour P3D v4.4

Hello Hans/Aerosoft support,

I recently did a complete OS reinstall and decided to install a fresh installation of P3D v4.4.  I installed the CRJ and ran the Aerosoft Update which brought my aircraft up to 1.2.2.3.  I have noticed a very strange issue with the VC in that when a button is clicked it will toggle again when clicking on anything other than another button or itself in the VC.  I recorded a video demonstrating what I mean by this.  In this example, I set the captain PFD to use mbar vs inches - you can see me select the correct button on the panel and it works as intended, however when I click on it again and then click in a completely different spot (not on any button) it still toggles that last clicked button?

I did the same for the terrain/WX radar option on the ND and the VS and NAV buttons on the autopilot panel.  See attached a video demonstrating this.  Sorry for the low FPS in the video - it's due to the encoding and software I used.  I tried it with and without ChasePlane and the result is the same.  Other 3rd party aircraft do not exhibit this behaviour.  Is this something you can reproduce and fix?

Regards,

Daniel

Please login to view this video.

That makes two of us. I thought I was crazy 🙂

Also update to WIN10 Vers.1809 and complete installation of P3Dv4.4.

CRJ-Version=1.2.2.3

My observations on two flights are slightly different, but comparable.

I work with two monitors, one for the P3D, the other for additional programs like vpilot, FSCommander etc., no panel outsourcing.

When I started the APU, I went to the second monitor to start other programs.

On returning to the main monitor and clicking with the mouse to make the monitor active again, the APU deactivated itself. 

I tried it several times, always when returning from the second monitor and clicking on the main monitor, the APU deactivated itself.

Later in the flight NAV deactivated itself on return from the outside view, or second monitor.

Whenever the mouse was used to activate the main monitor.
Also several switches (Generator, Bleed) deactivated themselves, but could be activated again.

To make it completely crazy, this behavior disappeared after about 20min during the flight.

Gruß, Wolfgang

• Developer

Make it three. That's new to 4.4. Apparently the guys at LM changed something. And even worse: There's nothing I can test or fix or change until Stefan is back from vacation. Sorry.

Thanks for confirming this is an issue guys.  @Hans Hartmann just for information do you have any idea on an ETA when Stefan will be back?

3 hours ago, Hoffie3000 said:

To make it completely crazy, this behavior disappeared after about 20min during the flight.

I find that if I click the power button on the EFB after pressing a button in the VC it helps as any subsequent click anywhere won't toggle what you clicked before doing that so maybe you did something similar 20 mins into the flight?

2 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Make it three. That's new to 4.4. Apparently the guys at LM changed something. And even worse: There's nothing I can test or fix or change until Stefan is back from vacation. Sorry.

I can confirm that LM did in fact make this change.  It's affected other aircraft including the Maddog from Leonardo, who has already asked LM about it and they said it was unavoidable.

• Developer
vor 49 Minuten, ProfessorMadman sagte:

on an ETA when Stefan will be back?

No sorry. That's no information for the public.

At least I know now why AP modes have been disconnecting without any good reason. It's the mouse problem.

• 3 months later...
  • Developer
vor 2 Stunden , rasrita sagte:

Hello,

Fix, Juste click to the middle button after the last click .

A fix has been available for three months now. No need to middle button workarounds.

Archived