ETOPS Planning V2

4 minutes ago, srcooke said:

Check your aircraft configuration is enabled for ETOPS.

If a scenario is not available then EDTO airports will not be available.

It's enabled.  Note:  I moved my old folder over to the new version.  In other words, I imported my aircraft.  Could this be the issue.

Also:  other issue:  Can't release flight DCT.  Using EGKK as an ALT for EGLL you have to plan an extra 102NM.  This needs to be fixed.

Post a snapshot of the EDTO planning page.

The aircraft you restored, did you use a third party performance file ? if so did you restore that also.

Reset your windows using Layout/Windows Reset

7 hours ago, srcooke said:

Post a snapshot of the EDTO planning page.

The aircraft you restored, did you use a third party performance file ? if so did you restore that also.

Reset your windows using Layout/Windows Reset

Yes, I brought in all the files.  I'm at work now, but I'll try and post later tonight when I get home.  I couple of the profiles were 3rd party from airlinerperformance.net.

Ok, so I think I found the issue.  It's the aircraft I copied over from the old version.  I added a new aircraft (copied from one I copied over), and it works now.

You do however, simplly add your EDTO airports to the list and it works.

I'll check and see if there's a way to re-add ETOPS scenarios for the old aircraft and make those work.

4 minutes ago, pilotskcx said:

Ok, so I think I found the issue.  It's the aircraft I copied over from the old version.  I added a new aircraft (copied from one I copied over), and it works now.

I'll check and see if there's a way to re-add ETOPS scenarios for the old aircraft and make those work.

One issue though is that you're not ETOPS for KZLC is the US...LOL.  Not sure how it arrived at that.

12 minutes ago, pilotskcx said:

if your aircraft not saved then you need to edit the aircraft with etops rules.

21 hours ago, phil747fan said:

hello

could you post the flightplan without the etops part and also the profile of your etops part for your 747-8?

I've already deleted it...sorry.  You should be able to pop in any flight plan you want and see how it acts.  it's pretty blatant. 

14 hours ago, phil747fan said:

mine worked but my version not 2.01 may be a little different and ETOPS is working the proper way.

Please login to display this image.

I don't think that worked...lol.  Check out your starting point.  You shouldn't be ETOPS there.

I just ran the scenario again with the new update.  ETOPS over the US??  Really??  I'm pretty sure VIR is OPSPEC'd for US airports.

What has changed here?  Why is the departure and destination airports required for EDTO?

I think I figured it out.  It's in the 'find' optimized route function.  Notice when I have adequate airports on with threshold 60 minutes selected, you're actually NOT ETOPS the entire way.  I'm still not sure this is entirely correct, but it looks closer.

EDIT:  Spoke to soon....I see the ETP's in the US are still there....sorry, this isn't correct.

3 hours ago, pilotskcx said:

I just ran the scenario again with the new update.  ETOPS over the US??  Really??  I'm pretty sure VIR is OPSPEC'd for US airports.

What has changed here?  Why is the departure and destination airports required for EDTO?

we needed to be always 180min fron airport and it was in canada ....

Just upgraded to V2.03 and the weirdest thing happened. On a domestic flight from ORD to ALB PFPX asked me to plan for EDTO, which is very strange as ETOPS is never used on continental flights. I guess this happened to pilotskcx as well for his US portion of the flight. I know I can disable EDTO as a temporary fix but still believe that this should be fixed.

Archived