Aerosoft Heathrow Lighting

HarryTwine

Not sure whether it is dynamic lighting or the tomato preset I use; but whenever in the PMDG 747 at Heathrow the vc always goes dark even with full dome light on and the exterior is very light.

This is with full dome light on. Another thing, when moving to the overhead panel or down to the pedestal trhe dome loght seems to appear again (if you know what I mean ) but once moving back to the captain position it goes dark again... 

Please login to display this image.

Also, if I go under any stand light at the airport then it lights up the vc. Once i've moved away, it goes dark again.

Very frustrating and only happens in the 747. Have tried FSLabs at heathrow and have tried different airports, only happens at Aerosoft Heathrow. 

Anybody have a similar issue or know a fix?

Thanks.

Hi,

I'd not be aware how an airport could cause the dome light of the 747 to fail in certain angles.

Tomato might seem like the more likely source here. Have you tried removing tomato to see if the same happens without it?

Also, if I go under any stand light at the airport then it lights up the vc. Once i've moved away, it goes dark again.

This sounds like dynamic lighting indeed. It is unfortunatey not as dynamic as we'd like it to be as you can even see in your screenshot since it does not take any walls into account and simply lights everything up that faces the lightbulb.

As long as most of the parts of your flightdeck are position "backwards" to the lamp they will not be lit.

2 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Hi,

I'd not be aware how an airport could cause the dome light of the 747 to fail in certain angles.

Tomato might seem like the more likely source here. Have you tried removing tomato to see if the same happens without it?

This sounds like dynamic lighting indeed. It is unfortunatey not as dynamic as we'd like it to be as you can even see in your screenshot since it does not take any walls into account and simply lights everything up that faces the lightbulb.

As long as most of the parts of your flightdeck are position "backwards" to the lamp they will not be lit.

Ok, thanks for your reply. 

I will try turning tomato off and see what it does. 

Thanks!

I believe it might be an issue with the scenery. 

The dome light is on.... vc is dark:

When I move to ovhd panel, it is light again...

But in other areas of the airport, the vc goes light again... 

Are you still using P3D v4.3? If so, I had some problems reagarding the cockpit lighting in the "other company's" A320 family as well. It seemed to be connected to the current heading (on ground and inflight), but not to a certain scenery. 

We would simply not know any way how a scenery could infuence the interiour lights of an aircraft.

Also there are thousands of others who flew the PMDG 747 in and out of our Heathrow without reporting the issue. If it was an issue caused by our addon more users should see it.

Therefore I'd rather suspect a tweak done to your simulator to take influence here. Tomato would be my first suspect.

Ok,

I will have to have a look then. Had a little play earlier but couldn't resolve the issue.

Most likely will be tomato or something which Lotus mentioned.

1 hour ago, Lotus3xiG3 said:

Are you still using P3D v4.3? If so, I had some problems reagarding the cockpit lighting in the "other company's" A320 family as well. It seemed to be connected to the current heading (on ground and inflight), but not to a certain scenery. 

Thanks All!

4 hours ago, Lotus3xiG3 said:

How did you resolve this issue with the heading. This seems to be exactly what I am experiencing. Only when Aerosoft Heathrow is installed though. From about 070 to 160 in the ground. 

• Developer

First check that you have P3D V4.4 (if not yet), there are some fixes regarding Effects and Lights included, so it makes no sense to talk about 4.3

When the issue is not gone, my only idea is that in the related angle the max number of Lightsources is reached. There are 2 Parameter in the Prepar3D.cfg below the [GRAPHICS] Sections:

MAX_POINT_LIGHTS=250
MAX_SPOT_LIGHTS=250

Maybe you can try to increase the numbers and check if that change something. (Make a backup of the cfg before)

2 hours ago, OPabst said:

First check that you have P3D V4.4 (if not yet), there are some fixes regarding Effects and Lights included, so it makes no sense to talk about 4.3

When the issue is not gone, my only idea is that in the related angle the max number of Lightsources is reached. There are 2 Parameter in the Prepar3D.cfg below the [GRAPHICS] Sections:

MAX_POINT_LIGHTS=250
MAX_SPOT_LIGHTS=250

Maybe you can try to increase the numbers and check if that change something. (Make a backup of the cfg before)

Ok I'll have a look 

• Herman locked this topic

Archived