Unable to release flight

A fair few bugs in it at my end too.  Haven't actually dispatched a flight yet though.

The pax weight issue has already been mentioned, I installed a recent nav database update and although it picks up expired routes due to airway changes, I am unable to delete these as per previous versions.

Seems quite twitchy in its operation to me.

While I appreciate the work, this seems to ave some glitches and either hasn't been thoroughly tested or issues have been ignored.

22 minutes ago, phil747fan said:

could you post the procedures up to the release?

i ve been in test and i never reported an issue with the release part.

Phil

Attached are the screen shots from PFPX. I have dispatched the flight like I have the thousands of others I have dispatched for years and when I go to click release, it wont let me. 

Please login to display this image.

6 minutes ago, ThatGuyDan96 said:

Attached are the screen shots from PFPX. I have dispatched the flight like I have the thousands of others I have dispatched for years and when I go to click release, it wont let me. 

i do not have your fuel policy nor the format of your plan but could you try first with generic fuel rules and pfpx plan format?

12 minutes ago, phil747fan said:

i do not have your fuel policy nor the format of your plan but could you try first with generic fuel rules and pfpx plan format?

Sure, one sec and I'll run my flight for tomorrow, SFO to MDW.

7 minutes ago, phil747fan said:

very strange.

I'll try reinstalling. Like I said, I dont understand the issue, and it's not like I'm a first time user that doesn't know how to properly dispatch a flight. Just weird that it cannot be released off the schedule.

Will report back after a fresh reinstall...

6 minutes ago, phil747fan said:

but seems your flightplan is not exactly the pfpx i have ....

Are you referring to fuel? I have the fuel costs at every Southwest airport so I'll end up tankering fuel to save money. If not let me know what you are referring to.

7 minutes ago, alpha117 said:

'Flight is planned without Destination Alternate' (seen in Video).......might be the issue??

I'll try dispatching it without it, but I very rarely dispatch alternates unless the weather calls for one. Southwest will try to not dispatch alternates unless it is imperative.

1 minute ago, ThatGuyDan96 said:

Are you referring to fuel? I have the fuel costs at every Southwest airport so I'll end up tankering fuel to save money. If not let me know what you are referring to.

try without that variable first.

the more variable you input the more risk the result can be uncertain ... 

51 minutes ago, phil747fan said:

try without that variable first.

the more variable you input the more risk the result can be uncertain ... 

Even with a brand new unedited PFPX I still cannot release the flight. Hopefully they fix this, really disappointed I upgraded to v2 now.

I literally just figured out what the problem was. Apparently you need to check the NOTAMs boxes before the flight can be released. No idea why that would magically become a requirement in v2 but apparently it is.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Can't confirm, I can release my flights regardless of any of the NOTAM check boxes.

But you have to wait a moment after computing the flight as PFPX triggers the IFPS route validation. Only when that finished you are able to release the flight.

Archived