I have just installed PFPX v2 and updated the AIRAC. It prompted me to perform an update on the route database, which when completed showed lots of outdated routes. However, when I used the outdated filter in order to delete them it did not select any.

Better still... I had a load of routes with yellow exclamation marks on them due to unknown airway, etc... But then filter for outdated routes, and the few that are displayed have green ticks "valid for NG1813"...

This is not going well...

I have the same problem.  Not displaying the "outdated" routes when selected.  Around half of the 9000 routes listed have an exclamation mark beside it.

Please login to display this image.

Same here -also - delete routes does not work for me.  When I delete route all appears correct until the next start - then all the deleted routes are back.  Confirmed I am running as ADMIN.

22 hours ago, JPL19 said:

Same here -also - delete routes does not work for me.  When I delete route all appears correct until the next start - then all the deleted routes are back.  Confirmed I am running as ADMIN.

Tested here with 2.01 and no issue.

48 minutes ago, srcooke said:

Tested here with 2.01 and no issue.

As you can see when you check the database with new Airac all the oudated routes appear in yellow. But then in the outdated section there are no routes, so it is impossible to delete them.

I think it is a bug.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 minutes ago, Riky FSX said:

But then in the outdated section there are no routes, so it is impossible to delete them.

And selecting them in the "All" view and hitting the "Delete" button doesn't delete them for you?

37 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

And selecting them in the "All" view and hitting the "Delete" button doesn't delete them for you?

Yes of course, in this way you can delete all the outadated routes. But since there are more than 9000 routes, this operation requires a lot of time.

In v1 in the "Outdated" section, as i said before, there were all the outadated routes, so with a simple click you could delete everything.

Now that section, after the database check, remains empty and i think it is a bug.

One workaround is to create a backup of the entire route database, delete the database, then import the backup. The tool validates all the routes in the backup before importing and automatically excludes all outdated routes. That's about 4,000 routes with the most recent AIRAC database (1813).

1. In the Route Database window in PFPX, select all the routes, click Backup below the list, and save the backup file.

2. Select all the routes and click Delete.

3. Click Import on the toolbar at the upper side, select your backup file, and click Open.

4. Grab a coffee while PFPX runs the validation checks on 9000+ routes. It only flags valid routes for import.

5. When it's done, click Import below the list. Warning: PFPX might freeze momentarily because of the size of the operation. It looks like a crash but isn't. Be patient.

Charles

If the routes are not from the backup function within the database manager then simply copy them back to C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\Routes

The update function is confirmed fixed for the next PFPX update

When you export files to other addons they are compiled to suit that particular application and do not remain in PFPX format.

2.01 is not a full installer, only a hotfix.

I would suggest waiting for the next update and whilst doing so backup as posted HERE

Archived