New version all aircraft profiles gone

I have just installed the new version over my old version and now I have lost all my Aircraft listings, everyone of them has gone!! Can I retireve these somehow?

thanks

Keith

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Tom Stian said:

I checked the manual before installing.. but no information there regarding backup.

How did you do that, as it was only available to you after installation?

33 minutes ago, Virtual170 said:

Don't expect everyone to read a forum post before downloading something... 

I don't think that it is expected to read every forum post, but keeping an eye on your data (by keeping regular backups) can actually be expected. Especially when you are about to install a new major version of a software (that is a change in the version number left of the decimal point).

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, I forgot that the manual is available for download there. The installer only gives you the manual after the installation.

@Tom A320 It is easy to implement backups automaticly during PFPX-installer phase, why is that service missing for us? Because that is something that actually can be expected. Please do not lay the blame solely on the users.

(I actually remembered to copy all my collected aircraft data, but despite that I am disappointed in PFPX-behaviour)

Just now, Nexus82 said:

It is easy to implement backups automaticly during PFPX-installer phase

Not a bad idea, I'll ask Mathijs to discuss with the developer.

1 minute ago, Nexus82 said:

Because that is something that actually can be expected.

I don't know that I agree regarding it being expected, and we don't see a lot of this in our community.  Still, it's a good idea.

2 minutes ago, Nexus82 said:

Please do not lay the blame solely on the users.

I've known Tom personally and professionally for many years, and I don't think he intended this.  His point is valid, that over the years we have all gotten used to backing up data before updates and new versions.

Since this thread has run it's course, I'll be closing it.

Thank you everyone for your opinions.

Archived