Hovering Taxiway Lights at EDHI

BerndB

Hello, I have a little issue in my EDHI Finkenwerder Scenery, because the green Taxiway-centerlights, blue boarder lights and the surfacelights on the runway are hovering half of a meter in the air. Unsuccessfully I searched many forums on this but it seems, that I´am the only one with this issue.

My SIM is P3D V4.4 and I use OrbX Global, Vector, Europe, GEN an GES and of course the Aerosoft Airports EDDH, EDDK, EDDF, EDDT, EDDS. I have already ran the OrbX Airport-elevation correction but no change. On all other Airports including EDDM by Taxi2Gate, the lights seem correct except at Finkenwerder. I notice no other issues in Finkenwerder so everything else seem correct and look good.

It has nothing to do with V4.4 of P3D because in the V4.3 the issue was the same.

Any suggestions are welcome which solve this little issue.

reg.

Bernd

• Developer

Try to compare the lights of an Defaultairport, where you don't have a addon installed for, with the lights you see in EDHI. If you see there the same issue, EDHI will use the lights the sim provide.

Oliver, yes, that´s the case. 👍

I´ve tested default P3D Hannover and Chicago O´Hare and they have the same hovering lights as Finkenwerder. 

But it seems to me you know the solution, so let it out! 😊 🙏

reg. Bernd

• Developer

Some developers use the default (AFCAD) Lights, other (the most paywares) use custom designed lights to get them more realistic to the related airport situation.

So, the solution can only be given by the developer of the scenery. Keep in mind, that Finkenwerder is more or less freeware, the payment is donate the to the children hospice Balthasar.

Oliver, my hope was especially you, one of the famous scenery gods, could give me a hint. Of course i´ll bring this up to Dieter Kreiskott, but because this issue is the same on the P3D native airports it seems that´s maybe not an issue of Dieters Finkenwerder. And though i would have to go any deeper into this to figure out what`s wrong

reg.

Bernd

• Developer

This not an issue, not of the sim or of Dieter. It simple the way Microsoft and now still LM offers the possibility to add Runway/Taxilights based on the SDK Features into simulator.

Archived