Offline Charts again

BerndB

Sorry for asking again on this threat, but it seems that I´am not alone with a demand on having the charts as offline option as well.:rolleyes:

Would it be not something to think about for the future to offer outdated LIDO-chartcircles as an offline Portion for Navdata-Pro Charts aswell. Because you do this for the Airport-related Charts, which are included in the Airports Professional Product line too, what means for us, technically it seems possible.

I think there are many users who would welcome this kind of feature because they, including myself, use already an old outdated Airac-Cicle from Navdata-Pro feed into PFPX, Jeehell etc and all other addons which need to have the corresponding Navigationdata.

I guess there are many of us, who don´t see any real benefit from having always the very actual Airac-Cycle of NavData and Charts for their SIM, because the World in the SIM is not really changing as the real world does. (No construction company dismantle my VOR´s and NDB´s out of a sudden in my P3D or build additional ones <_<)

I personally use a Navdata from an AIRAC-Cycle from 02-18 together with the offlinecharts which came from you within the Professional AIrports EDDH, EDDS, EDDK, EDHI, EDDF etc. Those Airport-Charts are all from different Cycles and some are fairly "old" but the most important Informations on those, like SID´s, STAR´s, ILS and where the runway lies etc. are consistent even on very different cycles. Honestly speaking it doesn´t matter for me if actually from May to July 2018 there are some Gates not usable in Hamburg because there are construction-works going on, as long as you have not any kind of live-injecting addon for your Airports which shows the actual changes on the airport on a daily basis. :rolleyes: (hmmm...maybe that would be a another nice add-on,  like "AI-Airport-construction-works" or something like this.^_^) Because those information's of possible temporarily advisories are the main difference between the monthly cycles.

Personally I would be happy, (....hmmm, no, happy is not the right word,....) better to say, I would accept to pay for an Offline Pro-Chart Cycle which is not really actual for the real world, but fits into my SIM-World, even sliced into regional portions if that would make it easier, rather than having a year-based online cloud for the charts, which may force me to update also the Navdata-Cycle and all my add-ons which use those kind of data every month.

Reg. Bernd

• Deputy Sheriffs

Due to its contract, Aerosoft is simply not allowed to offer old charts.

But if you do not want to spend money on charts, at least for Europe zthere is a perfect solution: You have free access to all charts under Eurocontrol via this website:
https://eadbasic.ead-it.com/cms-eadbasic/opencms/en/login/ead-basic/

vor 17 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

Due to its contract, Aerosoft is simply not allowed to offer old charts.

But if you do not want to spend money on charts, at least for Europe zthere is a perfect solution: You have free access to all charts under Eurocontrol via this website:
https://eadbasic.ead-it.com/cms-eadbasic/opencms/en/login/ead-basic/

o

Hi Otto, yes, i´ve read that contract-thing in the other threads. My hope was and is that, if the potential customers demanding a product, this could trigger to mind About it for future. Even contracts are not cast in concrete, and may be there will be a possibility to negotiate this in further conditions. 

Thank u anyway for the link, but it´s not that i don´t want to spend Money for Charts. I would spent Money. But, for instance, the yearly Access for the chartcloud cost around 50-60 EUR thats a fair Price i would  even easily pay for Charts which will not be updated every month. Just pay an stay forever. Because then i would not Need to update my navdata too, to have it syncronized with the Charts and even no Need for updating my addons. 

But at least it´s not a big issue, because i have the offline Charts in NavData-Charts wich came along with the airportscenery, and others i would not Need anyway if  there is no scenery. 

I really like the NavDataPro-Charts app especialy on my tablet. Because it´s very comfortable. Just the Issue that you can´t zoom in and out with the Touchscreen-two-finger-mode really Needs to be resolved asap. Thats not state of Play for an app.

reg. Bernd

vor 21 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Sorry this will not change.

Mathijs, I hope you meant the contract stuff and not the issue with the zooming in the app...:huh:

Archived