MADRID BARAJAS 2008

duval

• Aerosoft
Hello,

I was looking at this post.

http://aerosoft-shop2.com/list_release.php...=fs&lang=en

But the Madrid Airport will be release just for FSX???

I was waiting him since 1 year for FS9 and now i see its just for FSX!!!!!!! :oops: :x

Please tells us more about the project thanks.

It's a topic that has been chewed over many times here on the forums, but let's yes, many projects are now only being released for FSX. There are many reasons for that but the main reasons again:

1) At this moment simular products sell better online for FSX than for FS2004 and the trend is totally clear, many people simply do not want to invest in FS2004 products at this moment.

2) In boxed format FS2004 simply do NOT sell, if only because the main stores do not want to stock them anymore.

3) FSX development is in many ways simpler, cheaper and offers more options.

4) Many products (mainly aircraft) simply can not be done for FS2004 as we reached the limits there around 20 months ago. NEW developments can only be done on the new platform.

Now it could very well be the developers of Madrid might have a FS2004 version in mind, I am just not sure. But do not be surprised if he (and we) decide for the platform that grows, not the platform that commercially will only get smaller.

So bad news: do you know that a lot of pilots in VA used FS9 and that they have to go to Madrid (Air Europa, Sn Brussels, Jetairfly, Ryanair.....Iberia)!

If you let us with this old and bad Madrid scenery for fs9 i think simmers will be disapointed!

Very bad news to heard!!!!

• Aerosoft
Hi,

good news for you. The info from Mathijs sadly isn't correct. There will be a FS9-Version. I'm in contact with Manfred (the designer). We will start FS9-Betatesting very soon.

Ciao,

Rainer.

Sadly? lol... I did write "Now it could very well be the developers of Madrid might have a FS2004 version in mind, I am just not sure. But do not be surprised if he (and we) decide for the platform that grows, not the platform that commercially will only get smaller." I am happy customers who decide to stay on the older platform will be served by the release!

Oh, the FS9 version is nearly ready. Aerosoft asked for screenshots as far as I know.

So there might be a chance for a FSX-Version :lol: - of course the platform that commercially grows... :wink:

Ciao,

Rainer.

• 4 weeks later...
Oh, the FS9 version is nearly ready. Aerosoft asked for screenshots as far as I know.

So there might be a chance for a FSX-Version :lol: - of course the platform that commercially grows... :wink:

Ciao,

Rainer.

Actually looking great :-)

Ive been waiting ages and ages for this one along with lisbon. I don't give two hoots for FSX I'll keep taking FS9 any day.....I just can't wait for it to be released..There are even two A320's coming out to fly in and out of here and there availible for FS9 also :D:D:D:D

Actually looking great but interested in FSX...

FS9 purchases are history... :wink:

If they were history we would not have a lot of new addons specifically for FS 2004... Even the Airbus 320 from Airliner XP, for sure the best aircraft you will have in some time if you count the last 5 years, is planned for FS 2004. Well, but you can also add a lot of more good things, like sceneries and utilities... FS Dreamteam, PMDG, Flight 1, Fly Tampa, well, just to mention some good payware companies that are still doing a lot of things for FS 2004. :P And well, you know that at this moment there is no good machine for FSX. Maybe in 1 year...

harpsi

BTW: Screenshots. Early Beta. FS9.

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=14639

Ciao,

Rainer.

Early Beta? :shock: I grade those visuals at 10/10. Now if the frames are anywhere near acceptable this Airport will be amongst the elite of the elite in my book (Up there with *if not better than* Heathrow and barely barely below Flytampa). From those screenies it seems to be way more than worth the long wait and it seems that Simwings have outdone themselves yet again. Can't wait to get my hands on this one.

If they were history we would not have a lot of new addons specifically for FS 2004... Even the Airbus 320 from Airliner XP, for sure the best aircraft you will have in some time if you count the last 5 years, is planned for FS 2004. Well, but you can also add a lot of more good things, like sceneries and utilities... FS Dreamteam, PMDG, Flight 1, Fly Tampa, well, just to mention some good payware companies that are still doing a lot of things for FS 2004. :P And well, you know that at this moment there is no good machine for FSX. Maybe in 1 year...

harpsi

I'm working with Manfred (Sim-Wings) on that scenery and let me say that the frames are incredible, the scenery is probably one of the best of FS and the FSX version will be avaiable after de FS9 version like Heathrow (i do not know when but first the FS9). I also have tried the scenery on FSX and works perfectly (also perfect frames) but is not finished yet.

So save money to buy this scenery :wink:

Dear Simwings team as Manfred,

Here it is after a long time of waiting!

Very impressive shots and sound very good to me!

Do you think about how many time it will be released?