ASUpdater & 7zip?

Hi
Basic question.

I came from this tip:

"If you're using the latest Navigraph cycles, you need to update the CRJ to 1.2.2.3 using the Updater with experimental updates enabled. "

Where do I find this updater?

It's not found from the startmenu, neither in any ASUpdater location.

Can I install this CRJ to 1.2.2.3 in any other way?

CRJ on FSX and Win 10

Grounded
Mats Sederholm

8 minutes ago, mseder said:

Hi
Basic question.

I came from this tip:

"If you're using the latest Navigraph cycles, you need to update the CRJ to 1.2.2.3 using the Updater with experimental updates enabled. "

Where do I find this updater?

It's not found from the startmenu, neither in any ASUpdater location.

Can I install this CRJ to 1.2.2.3 in any other way?

CRJ on FSX and Win 10

Grounded
Mats Sederholm

If it's not found in the Documents/Aerosoft/ASUdater folder, then your computer security has flagged that file (as it would, because it opens up a connection to the Internet and communicates with our server... same as some Malware might do).  So you need to open your computer security software, find where the file was quarantined, and restore the file (which should also create an exception for the file in your computer security software).

Best wishes.

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you have a CRJ version < 1.2 installed you need to grab the latest CRJ installer from where you bought the CRJ, That would be version 1.2.

After installing CRJ version 1.2 you will find the "Aerosoft Updater" in the Windows start menu or here:

• C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\ASUpdater.exe

Start it, open the settings, enable "experimental updates", restart the updater and you will get the updater to version 1.2.2.3 offered.

Hi

- It's not cuarantined (McAfee)
- How do I find the version number? (it was bought October 1)
-  "grab the latest installer from where you bought the CRJ".  There  is no such aerosoft updater to grab from simmarket.com (https://secure.simmarket.com/aerosoft-crj-700900-x-fsx-p3d.phtml
(or do you mean the product installer?)

Mats

• Deputy Sheriffs

I was explicitly talking about the "CRJ version 1.2". Only from that version on the CRJ is supported by the updater.

So please grab the CRJ v1.2 setup from your simMarket shop account and install it.

OK 

I start downloading the product from simmarket, I though don't know what version it is.
They offer a downloadable file with no hints of version, that's it. 
I assume i must uninstall the current version.

Thanks so far
Mats

• Deputy Sheriffs

You are currently downloading a ZIP file from which you will extract the installer executable. That file contains the version number in its name.

To get the version number of your currently installed CRJ just open your Windows control panel, select "Programs and Features" and you will find the CRJ in the displayed list:

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please note that after applying the 1.2.2.3 update through the updater the version number in the Windows control panel will not be updated. It will remain at 1.2 until you run the next time a new full installer. This has something to do with the mechanics of Windows installers, but shouldn't worry you.

Archived