ASUpdater & 7zip?

Hello.

This will be my 1st use of ASUpdater.

There is a post about it: 

Trouble is I never used 7.zip before (I have winzip)..

Downloaded Madri update v1.1 with winzip and extracted it to ...\My Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater. It's there. Tried to run installer (as admin) but nothing happens. If trying to run ASUpdaterUpdater inside this folder there is a msg that should run ASUpdater.

Can someone explain what I'm doing that is wrong?

Tks

Eduardo

• Deputy Sheriffs

The updater îs getting installed automatically on your system once you install the first add-on which can be updated by it. 

The download in that topic you had linked is just for people where for example an anti virus software messed up the updater installation. 

Just installing the updater from that topic without having any add-on installed that is supported by it will bring you nowhere. 

Also, you only run the ASUpdater.exe, nothing else. 

All this leaves me with one question for you: why do you want to install the updater manually? 

Tks for answering.

I don't want to install manually, Tom A320.

I never used ASUpdater before so I need some clarification to understand how it works..

1) Do I need 7.zip? As said I have winzip

2) ...Aerosoft\ASUpdater is there with a Products subfolder.

3) Extracted Mega Madri 1.1 with winzip to this folder and tried to run ASUpdater from desktop but nothing happens.

• Deputy Sheriffs

1) No

2) You don't need to worry about that. The installer of an "updater supported add-on" will make sure everything is installed as it should

3) Please show a screenshot of the Updater window after you run it from the Windows start menu

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please show screenshots of the following two folders:

• C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\
  • C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products\

Also, please attach all .xml files you find in the second folder.

If you don't want to do all that publicly you can also send everything by mail to support@aerosoft.com.

• Developer

The Madrid installer and the license agreements certainly don't belong into the Products folder (although that doesn't stop the Updater from working here).

Can you download and run the attached ASVersionInfo and post the results here please? ASVersionInfo_103.7z

• Developer

Looks good. Everything's there (but it can't show if any files are broken).

OK, let's try the madrid_prof.xml file from you ASUpdater\Products folder next. If that's corrupted, the Updater can get stuck while reading.

• Deputy Sheriffs

That file contains invalid information (actually it contains the content of the "asupdater.xml" from one folder above).

Please do the following:

• uninstall your Madrid professional
  • delete all files from the "\Products" folder (as they do not belong there!)
  • install Madrid professional again 

Archived