V2 not far off - BACKUP

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

The backup hint came one day prior to release. That's not really "now". Or what are you referring to?

Tom, i will try to stay polite but wow ... reading some comments ... we tried to help, some pushed for a new version and now ... wow that is my rant of the day. v2.01 is working, bringing new features and like in the past it will continue to work. with some corrections. i reported some issues during the beta test and they are no more here what else i can say.

beta testers are not paid to help out , we are end users too ...

Stephen put a warning about a backup like it should with any softwares not only PFPX: what else should have been done: holding your hands ...

where are the days when we were a communauty?

PFPX is a tool that i wished i had when i dispatch for real including ETOPS flightplans.

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 minutes ago, phil747fan said:

Tom, i will try to stay polite but wow ..

Phillipe, I think you got my post totally wrong. I was replying to Miguel who complained that only now some information was given. That's at least how I understood his post but to be sure I asked for clarification.

His understanding of "now" seems to be different from yours and mine, as for me now is now, and not four days ago.

So, if you feel offended by my post, please accept my apologies. It was only meant to clarify the "now" statement of Miguel, and most definitely not against anyone who had spent time on the new version prior to release or here in the forums helping others.

48 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

The backup hint came one day prior to release. That's not really "now". Or what are you referring to?

Where did it come from or was it published? In the forum I do not think it was appropriate, because not all read or are constantly reading the forum, as the entries ban running.

In the new version, there are new things, but with a little intuition you can guess that goes, but it would be better than in the updated manual would avoid, even when downloading the installer with a text file to decompress warning would have been also Best.

In my case configurations of aircraft and routes created by me disappeared.

Anyway had from months ago backup of the routes not all but of the airplanes and their config No.

To be fair before installing any software whether update or new builds to should back up your data this has been a must have thing to do for years now and to be honest the needing of spoon feeding and hand holding is getting stupid now 

you should have some common sense before updating 

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 minutes ago, Miguel_V said:

Where did it come from or was it published?

In this very topic, first post. And as a daily poster in this forum I would have expected you saw it.

25 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Phillipe, I think you got my post totally wrong. I was replying to Miguel who complained that only now some information was given. That's at least how I understood his post but to be sure I asked for clarification.

His understanding of "now" seems to be different from yours and mine, as for me now is now, and not four days ago.

So, if you feel offended by my post, please accept my apologies. It was only meant to clarify the "now" statement of Miguel, and most definitely not against anyone who had spent time on the new version prior to release or here in the forums helping others.

First of all apologies, reading I realized that there is already the 2.01.... and I downloaded the day before the 2.0 i will look to download and update but before a BACKUP to not pass me the same

I repeat apologies.

7 hours ago, Luke160388 said:

Seriously though.

Can lost PFPX data be recovered? FSS has technically deleted data from my PC without consent....

Does the v2 installer warn all existing data will be deleted? If it does then it's up to the user to safeguard it.

If it doesn't then the installer should be modified to include a warning. That is the responsible thing to do.

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Does the v2 installer warn all existing data will be deleted? If it does then it's up to the user to safeguard it.

If it doesn't then the installer should be modified to include a warning. That is the responsible thing to do.

Right, that's precisely why I complain, what the installer did the 2.0, not to warn of that possibility, the excuse that was warned in this forum at the beginning of the thread, is very but very poor.

21 minutes ago, Miguel_V said:

Right, that's precisely why I complain, what the installer did the 2.0, not to warn of that possibility, the excuse that was warned in this forum at the beginning of the thread, is very but very poor.

In my opinion a message posted in the forum is not sufficient warning. It needs to be embedded in the software so there is no chance the user can miss it.

Lets be clear, I posted that advice as been PRUDENT when updating ANY software and not in the knowledge the data would be deleted.

Judith has already posted an apology.

1 minute ago, srcooke said:

Lets be clear, I posted that advice as been PRUDENT when updating ANY software and not in the knowledge the data would be deleted.

Judith has already posted an apology.

No worries Stephen, we all know how excited you can get when there's a new version released and how easy it can be to forget things.

One thing is clear, even if there is a warning in the installer people will still not do backups and come and complain lol

1 hour ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

One thing is clear, even if there is a warning in the installer people will still not do backups and come and complain lol

But as long as the developer has displayed the warning in the installer they've done their job and no blame can be attached to them. Bold RED text would be my choice so it can't possibly be missed.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please consider deleting of the content of the data folder as a bug. The new v2.03 installer will not delete any files anymore. Just checked it myself with installing an old 1.28 version first and then installing 2.03.

Already on the 2.03? But if yesterday recently 2.01... and installed it, ie copy and paste the program.

By the way I'm looking now to download the V 2.03 in the Forum utilities and I do not find

Apologies if I missed this question... can we install v2.03 over the top of v2.01, or must we uninstall v2.01 first.  Also, will the install require a restart as it did with v2.00?

Thanks,

Doug

Archived