Jump to content

V2 not far off - BACKUP


Recommended Posts

Version 2 of PFPX is not far off release.

 

As with any software update it would be prudent to consider backing up your data.

 

Prior to installing I would suggest:

 

  1. Backing up your schedule and routes using the Schedule Editor and Route Database backup options.
  2. Create a backup of the entire C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data folder

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, srcooke said:

Version 2 of PFPX is not far off release.

 

As with any software update it would be prudent to consider backing up your data.

 

Prior to installing I would suggest:

 

  1. Backing up your schedule and routes using the Schedule Editor and Route Database backup options.
  2. Create a backup of the entire C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data folder

 

 

 

 

 

 

the word will be spread fast ....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/6/2018 at 6:46 PM, srcooke said:
  1. Create a backup of the entire C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data folder

So after the installation of V 2.0 we can/have to copy the PFPX Data folder back to its original place?

Or is this depending of other (missing) things/files?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Luke160388 said:

Is it possible to recover data from previous versions? I assumed it wouldn't delete existing files 

Hi Luke,

 

Ckeck this thread above!  It tells you to backup your [***]\Data folder.

If not you will lose all previous data!

After install of the update you have a fresh installation, then you can copy the files you need  from the backup folder...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Luke160388 said:

Is it possible to recover data from previous versions? I assumed it wouldn't delete existing files 

I Assumed the same and lost all Data as well, I guess I'll have to not re-subscribe to the Server because that's it, i'm fed up with poorly developped software, And the update didn't update PFPX 1.28 it just installed aside it so now I have 1.28 AND 2.0 AND all data has been erased... 

If the Backup is mandatory, Why doesn't the installer ask for it? or even better do it in the installation process ? 

This is Basic Programming, Erasing user data without Asking... really ? 

There is No Warning on the Setup About the data being erased, No warning about the reboot,

Thank you everyone and goodbye

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It would be helpful if v2 could exist alongside v1. Is that possible?

 

I would like to try v2 but judging by the number of bug reports it seems it might be a good idea to keep v1 until things have been resolved.

 

Yes it has a lot of bugs, especially considering the outdated routes and the missing or incorrect export files route.

It is better keeping v1 and give time to develepers to fix everything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Richard Portier said:

Hi,

An user has posted a list of changes on Avsim that he has found by himself...

 

It would seem, unless I'm mistaken, that there is no change log! Is there any somewhere???

 

Richard

Richard,

 

there is a change log.

 

2.00 (04 DEC 2018)
------------------
- MULTIPLE NEW FUNCTION AND FEATURES

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It would be helpful if v2 could exist alongside v1. Is that possible?

 

I would like to try v2 but judging by the number of bug reports it seems it might be a good idea to keep v1 until things have been resolved.

Ray,

 

here is maybe the beginning of an answer for you:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And you say it now, when it has created a problem for many, among them me.

Do you not test the application before, or do you require developers to try it?

When I installed it tells another directory, and still I delete everything from the previous version. By the way in the MANUAL downloading is the 2013 is the same as version 1 of PFPX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.




×
×
  • Create New...