P3D v4.4 & GSX 2

I recently updated P3D v4.4 with a clean install followed by a clean install of all of the P3D v4.x buses.

I updated all buses to the latest experimental build.

Test flights showed no obvious issues.

When I decided to try GSX 2 things seemed to go amiss.

The issue I have is that I sometimes wish to proceed without pushback using the full copilot functions.

Not using GSX this is not a problem as the checklist routine offers this as a standard option.

I have attached an image that has several parts that sequence what I see.

Essentially all goes well until I select the GSX option 4 in the GSX "Select pushback direction" screen.

Then I get the "[GSX] Have a good trip" message followed by a screen with FOLLOW GSX INSTRUCTIONS that never goes away.

I then have to disable the GSX pushback from the MCDU to get the checklist to continue.

I am not sure if this is a bus problem or an FSDT problem.

Also the FOLLOW GSX INSTRUCTIONS is blended into the P3D header rather than below the menu where I think it should be.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

There is no "connection" between GSX and the Aerosoft Airbus because from GSX we get no information what kind of pushback the user selected and when it has been finished. So the CL assumes that the PB takes a certain time and that both engines are running. This means you have to start both engines, wait some time and then automatically WAIT will appear on the INFOBAR and the AFTER START CL begins....... 

Regards,

Rolf

Hi,

A lot of time, GSX push back is finished, Parking brakes are set, and the checklist is blocked FOLLOW GSX INSTRUCTIONS. Could you not provide a bypass right to the next step. And in general on every probleml on CL, it would be good to be able to bypass when blocked to choose what next step to continue. This is a problem when you are connected IVAO, for instance, and you have to finish all the flight without CL.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry but this makes no sense at all. With skipping steps on the CL, users might end up with a not properly configured aircraft state and then start complaining about bugs.

I used GSX pushback with nearly every flight and never had a problem with getting stuck in the CL.

And if it is on platform, and does not need PUSHBACK but if you use GSX 2 to simulate refuel, boarding, etc..... then what does?

That I think that's the problem.  It also happens to me sometimes I'm on a platform to be in airports that have no ramp in the GATE

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Miguel,

you should be a little bit more precise and what do you mean by "it is on a platform" and "it does not need pushback"?

• Currently the MCDU3 GSX OPTION has nothing to do with any other GSX option like boarding, refueling etc. and its only function is currently in connection with pushback. This will be changed in the near future...... More details when this functionality is available. To summarize even if the MCDU3 GSX OPTION is disabled you can use all the other GSX features. 
  • We do not have the possibility to interface with GSX PUSHBACK because it does not offer this functionality e.g. we do not get any data from GSX to know which GSX PB option the user selected and GSX PB state and when it is finished. This means we have to assume when the pushback is finished and this we do by using engine start and add some time to it after both engines are stabilized.
  • I already told you that in case no pushback is required just start both engines and WAIT..... the CL then will commence like normal with the After Engine Start CL!
  • If you have a problem with the CL p.e. you do not know what to do then you can use SKIP ITEM to continue with the next CL item.......

Regards,

Rolf

Just a confirmation that the suggestions made by Hanse are correct.

After deciding for no push-back I started the engines and the CL continued shortly after engine 1 was stabilised.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived