Lightning AB problem with P3D v4.4

Fulvio_61

Hello,

today I installed the entire Lightning series on P3D V4.4. I downloaded the file "P3Dv4 fuel.dll sound.dll and effects fixes.zip" and executed the instructions by deleting and replacing the various files.

But I have a problem with the AB that only in the F3 and F1A version is correctly displayed as can be seen in the attached screenshots. How can I get the correct flame with all the versions?

Thanks,

Fulvio.

Please login to display this image.

15 hours ago, Fulvio_61 said:

Hello,

today I installed the entire Lightning series on P3D V4.4. I downloaded the file "P3Dv4 fuel.dll sound.dll and effects fixes.zip" and executed the instructions by deleting and replacing the various files.

But I have a problem with the AB that only in the F3 and F1A version is correctly displayed as can be seen in the attached screenshots. How can I get the correct flame with all the versions?

Thanks,

Fulvio.

Hi Fulvio

Just to check , when you replaced the effects files did you transfer the new texture file  fx_2l  across into the existing effects/ texture folder ? otherwise the new batch of effects should cure that problem .

The last is a  nice screen-shot ,,,, but I can't make out what you are highlighting :huh:

Cheers

Dave

Hello Dave,

yes, I had replaced the fx_2l file. For safety I redo the same operation, but I think the problem remains, indeed it worsened the visual effect even of the other version ...

I do not understand why the afterburner anyhow looks different between models, if the various fx files and texture are the same for everyone. Could it be a problem due to the new version 4.4?

I am attaching a new screenshot where you can better see the problem that you could not locate, that is the row of little lights that come on under the fuselage when I use the afterburner.
These too are different among the various models: visible as you see in the F6 and much less visible (even as a number) in other models.

Edit: the row of little lights appears on the side the fuselage, not under...

Now I tried to replace all the files with those downloaded from one of your posts: "new fx for P3D v4.zip".

With these different effects the Mk3 and Mk1a versions are back as they appear in the first screenshot of my first post ....

8 hours ago, Fulvio_61 said:

Hello Dave,

yes, I had replaced the fx_2l file. For safety I redo the same operation, but I think the problem remains, indeed it worsened the visual effect even of the other version ...

I do not understand why the afterburner anyhow looks different between models, if the various fx files and texture are the same for everyone. Could it be a problem due to the new version 4.4?

I am attaching a new screenshot where you can better see the problem that you could not locate, that is the row of little lights that come on under the fuselage when I use the afterburner.
These too are different among the various models: visible as you see in the F6 and much less visible (even as a number) in other models.

Hi Fulvio

I think you are right...  It could be that LM's latest update has unfixed my fix .   ( thank's LM <_<) I'll have to do a bit more experimenting and get back to you.

The reason the reheat flame differs from the f3 to the 6 is only because I was trying to improve it to  get a more dynamic flame .and I couldn't retro fit the F3

cheers

Dave

Hi Fulvio

Sorry for the delay but the none virtual world has got in the way a bit !

Unfortunately I have no solution to offer as yet. I can not reproduce the effect you are seeing , but the v4 update has messed with the reheat visuals , and unfortunately it has messed with my FXtool  so P3d CTD's if I try to use it,  so I have not been able to make new ones .

If your F3 reheat  is fine you could try copying  those ( in the main effects folder …. fx_lit3_reheat1 ; fx_lit3_reheat2 ; fx_lit3_reheat3 ) and renaming them .as....

fx_lit3_Rh1 ; fx_lit3_Rh2 and  fx_lit3_Rh3( delete or rename the old fx_lit3_Rh1 etc first )

Cheers

Dave

Hello Dave, 

I thank you for your answer, I read today. I tried to do what you suggested, and things have changed again, now the color of the afterburner of the Mk6 has a strange orange-green color ... all in all even pleasant to see . :)
At this point I think that in my folder "Effects" has created a bit of confusion, so you could write me what are all the files necessary for the proper visualization of the afterburner?

Cheers,

Fulvio

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:32 PM, Fulvio_61 said:

Hello Dave, 

I thank you for your answer, I read today. I tried to do what you suggested, and things have changed again, now the color of the afterburner of the Mk6 has a strange orange-green color ... all in all even pleasant to see . :)
At this point I think that in my folder "Effects" has created a bit of confusion, so you could write me what are all the files necessary for the proper visualization of the afterburner?

Cheers,

Fulvio

Hi Fulvio

Managed to get the fx tools working so I have created a new set and posted them as an edit to the firt pinned post in this forum.

Cheers

Dave 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JMFisher725 said:

Does the AB fix for 4.4 include the T-5 and T-55? I replaced the old files in the Main P3D Effects folder with no luck.

Thanks

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan

It should do, .

What is the problem you are having ?

Dave R 

I did not update any files after the upgrade to 4.4.  That being said I did not have any issues while in 4.3. Here are a few screenshots:

I also noticed the AB is not in sync with the engines.  I'll start from idle and go straight to full throttle and the burner effect will execute in stages even though the engine hasn't reached reheat yet.  Once the engine reaches AB the effect overlaps itself.  I hope that makes sense.  I'm fairly raw when it comes to editing files in P3D, I'm wondering if there's something I'm doing incorrectly.  When I upgraded to 4.4 I didn't edit any T-55 or T-5 files.  Besides the patch you provided recently, do I need to do anything else?  

Thanks,

Jonathan

6 hours ago, JMFisher725 said:

I also noticed the AB is not in sync with the engines.  I'll start from idle and go straight to full throttle and the burner effect will execute in stages even though the engine hasn't reached reheat yet.  Once the engine reaches AB the effect overlaps itself.  I hope that makes sense.  I'm fairly raw when it comes to editing files in P3D, I'm wondering if there's something I'm doing incorrectly.  When I upgraded to 4.4 I didn't edit any T-55 or T-5 files.  Besides the patch you provided recently, do I need to do anything else?  

Thanks,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan happy new year :P

Part of  the reheat effect is triggered by throttle position  and part by engine rpm .On the real throttle-box there is a dogleg that stops a slam throttle going straight through to reheat  . if you watch the throttles in the vc you can see this , If you operate your stick throttle so you stop at max rpm and let the engine catch up before pushing through into R/H  the reheat will all be in sync.

If you updated from P3d v 1,2 or 3  to P3d v4  you need  to update the effects and the .dll files  . but if you had it all working in P3d v4  and have updated to v4.4  you only have to replace the effects files..

The oversized effects you are seeing in not happening with mine so just to make sure you have the right set I'll repost them here....

P3dv4.4 reheat.zip

unzip it and move the files into the main effects folder overwriting the existing ones.

Cheers

Dave

16 hours ago, wingman5 said:

Hi Jonathan happy new year :P

Part of  the reheat effect is triggered by throttle position  and part by engine rpm .On the real throttle-box there is a dogleg that stops a slam throttle going straight through to reheat  . if you watch the throttles in the vc you can see this , If you operate your stick throttle so you stop at max rpm and let the engine catch up before pushing through into R/H  the reheat will all be in sync.

If you updated from P3d v 1,2 or 3  to P3d v4  you need  to update the effects and the .dll files  . but if you had it all working in P3d v4  and have updated to v4.4  you only have to replace the effects files..

The oversized effects you are seeing in not happening with mine so just to make sure you have the right set I'll repost them here....

P3dv4.4 reheat.zip

unzip it and move the files into the main effects folder overwriting the existing ones.

Cheers

Dave

Roger that on the Reheat effects.  I'm getting too used to flying the current fighters where you can slam the throttles forward :).  I unzipped and copied the files into the Effects folder but I'm still getting the oversized effects.  Happy New Year to you as well and thanks for responding.

Jonathan

Another note, the oversized effect executes to full afterburner as shown above regardless of AB stage.  Once I hit the first stage the full AB effect executes, but I can see the proper effect execute properly within the larger cloud as I increase the throttles.

Thanks,

Jonathan

5 hours ago, JMFisher725 said:

Another note, the oversized effect executes to full afterburner as shown above regardless of AB stage.  Once I hit the first stage the full AB effect executes, but I can see the proper effect execute properly within the larger cloud as I increase the throttles.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan

This is strange … P3d originally made the effects display smaller than they did in FSX , so everything had to be scaled up , but for some reason your machine is displaying them as much too big  (lights included ) . Its not happening with my set up , so you will have to bear with me for a bit of trial and error  fixing.

this set is sized for fsx… see how they fit

fsx original reheat.zip

Dave

18 hours ago, wingman5 said:

Hi Jonathan

This is strange … P3d originally made the effects display smaller than they did in FSX , so everything had to be scaled up , but for some reason your machine is displaying them as much too big  (lights included ) . Its not happening with my set up , so you will have to bear with me for a bit of trial and error  fixing.

this set is sized for fsx… see how they fit

fsx original reheat.zip

Dave

I copied the original files into the Effects folder and got the result below.  I then copied and replaced the 4.4 reheat patch into the effects folder and got the same result as my post from yesterday.

Thanks,

Jonathan

8 hours ago, JMFisher725 said:

I copied the original files into the Effects folder and got the result below.  I then copied and replaced the 4.4 reheat patch into the effects folder and got the same result as my post from yesterday.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan

Well I expected the trailing fire , but it is still oversized ,  . There is nothing special about the Lightnings fx codes , are the effects oversized on other models ? the size of the nav lights should tell you .Can you post a shot of one of the default aircraft lights so I can see if they are the same here .

Dave

14 hours ago, wingman5 said:

Hi Jonathan

Well I expected the trailing fire , but it is still oversized ,  . There is nothing special about the Lightnings fx codes , are the effects oversized on other models ? the size of the nav lights should tell you .Can you post a shot of one of the default aircraft lights so I can see if they are the same here .

Dave

It would appear the size of the Nav lights are large on all models.

5 hours ago, JMFisher725 said:

It would appear the size of the Nav lights are large on all models.

Yup... that appears to be the case . this is how they appear on mine.

Something in your system is causing oversize scaling of the fx lighting effects, so stuff like vapour and contrails and ship wakes will probably also be oversized .

You could try asking why on the p3d forum  but my first thought would be to do a reinstall of P3d . 

If all else fails the actual effects can be scaled down to fit ….. but better to fix the cause .

Cheers

Dave

I'm having a few other issues elsewhere in 4.4 so that would appear to be where I'm headed.  For future reference, is the reheat effect for the T-5 AND T-55 supposed to look like Fulvio_61's screenshot from his 12/6 post?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Here are a few shots of what I'm seeing now.  These shots include the AB file update for 4.4. I'm still noticing the halo effect at a distance but the reinstall from scratch has fixed the 'blown up' effects I was noticing earlier.

Thanks,

Jonathan

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 1:49 AM, JMFisher725 said:

Here are a few shots of what I'm seeing now.  These shots include the AB file update for 4.4. I'm still noticing the halo effect at a distance but the reinstall from scratch has fixed the 'blown up' effects I was noticing earlier.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan

Good to see most of the problem has gone.

I think the visual effect  can vary according to your video card / monitor and settings etc. I do not see the shock diamonds as pronounced as in Fulvios 6/12 shots … but it was not working right anyway.  

I have lost track with the number of times I have remade the reheat effects to suit LM's changes but that halo at a distance was fixed  during one of them , but the set  I posted on the

1st Jan above should not have that problem. 

Dave

Archived