Can't get this plane to work?!

mrobraven

Hi,

I have been having troubles trying to get decent performance with this plane. At first my entire p3d was very stuttery and freezy but re-installing on a new SSD sorted that problem out for every other aircraft except the airbus weirdly?

The framerate remains the same whatever plane I am in at around 35, in the airbus this is the same at around 35 but there are massive freezes when turning corners and during takeoff and landing making it extremely difficult to keep control of the plane!

My specs are:

i5 4690K OC @ 4.5GHz

GTX 1060 3GB

8GB RAM

The thing I don't understand is people on other forums and groups are saying the airbus produces better performance than the PMDG's but at the moment the PMDG 737, 747, 777 and the QualityWings 787 are all silky smooth and give no hassle whereas the airbus which is supposedly easier to run is at the moment unflyable. I have the latest release 1.2.1.0 and have tried downgrading to be presented with the same result. I have also tried removing my overclock which just decreases performance and doesn't solve the problem. I have also deleted the generated files, the config and tried flying from a default airport and the problem persists but with a better framerate?

Any help and advice would be great!

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

Matthew,

Try deleting your P3D Shaders folder.  This is because the Airbus Professional uses Real Light and True Glass for some effects.  Google "Delete P3D Shaders" if you need help with this.

If that doesn't work, also delete your Prepar3d.cfg file to get rid of any tweaks you or other software may have applied.

Let us know how you make out?

Best wishes.

17 minutes ago, mrobraven said:

@DaveCT2003 thank's for the quick reply!

Could the PTA preset that i'm using (the one that ships with the Ultimate Realism Pack) be the culprit also as I think that changes the shaders?

I am now trying your other suggestions!

Yes sir, it could indeed. 

Now, this is my personal opinion:  Many experienced flight simmers that I know (the ones who would rather fly than tweak, or twerk as it may be... lol) don't use anything but default shaders anymore.  We'll all tried them, believe me!  They just cause too many issues.

Best wishes!

38 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Matthew,

Try deleting your P3D Shaders folder.  This is because the Airbus Professional uses Real Light and True Glass for some effects.  Google "Delete P3D Shaders" if you need help with this.

If that doesn't work, also delete your Prepar3d.cfg file to get rid of any tweaks you or other software may have applied.

Let us know how you make out?

Best wishes.

I deleted both and deleting the shaders improved the quality ever so slightly but the problem persists!

I do have the same issues basically, even if my system is stronger than yours (i7 4790K on 4.6Ghz, MSI 1080Ti, 16GB DDR3 RAM 1866MhZ). And that's since I'm simming which I do for about 6-7 years. Even P3D4 didn't make it much better. But I don't know if it's an AS bus problem or a general one. I had big hope in the performance of the new bus with P3D4, but I was a bit sad, when I found out, that it has nearly the same performance as the old bus in P3D3. FPS is no problem, but the sim is stuttery and has these freezes from time to time to 0.x or 6 FPS. 😕

If it helps, my freezes seem to be at certain times, they no longer happen when turning but happen every 10 or so seconds just freezing and starting again?? @DaveCT2003

@Meyerflyer tell me about it! it's so irritating that all of my other beastly VC planes run seamingly but this really struggles!

6 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Try the above?

Sorry, I guess you mean you did when you said both... my bad.

Any NVIDIA tweaks in use (shouldn't be)?  If not then...

Anyone in the past who has had this issue the problem has been resolved by removing and reinstalling P3D. If it seems like it's a shotgun rather than rifle approach... it is!  The problem is often some addon or it can be a P3D install in the past that had issues but you never save it because we are the only aircraft developer who uses the P3DV4 compilers.  The shotgun approach saves loads of time trying to find the exact cause. Thankfully, the entire process is a LOT better than it ever was with FSX.... takes 30 minutes if you're not using ORBX Global and Vector, and about 3 hours if you are (because of their file sharing download for installations).

@DaveCT2003 No nvidia tweaks in use. I have had the same problem after a re-install when I installed on my SSD which fixed the problem that at that time I was having with all of the planes. I have read another forum post about tweaking the weather scanning system on the airbus so i'm going to try that and if not will attempt a full re-install!

Before reinstalling P3D, you might try limiting your overclock to 4.3 and see if that makes a difference.

Are you using a water cooler for your processor?  If not, it's almost certain you have a small to large heat issue.  I run the same processor.

• Aerosoft

The WX tweak should not make a lot of sense.  

As said, this aircraft should be a lot easier on the FPS then aircraft compiled with older compilers. We have seen however it being unexpectedly harder on a handful of machines and never found out what causes that. What we do know is that the problem is always solved with a clean sim (not updated, but re-installed). Certainly when the system was not rebooted before the client update.

If you are getting BSOD I would solve that first because if the system is not stable you could be looking at all kinds of things in the sim without ever finding the cause.

Archived