A321 IAE FUEL CALCULATION AND LANDING PERFORMANCE PROBLEM

zhaogazza

HI

I just update my buses to 1.2.1.5,  A321 IAE seems still has some problem,

1:  the calculated VLS is too small, leads to drop during final approach if I use the VAPP calculated by the MCDU.

2: The fuel calculation is always wrong,  after I insert the flightplan and all the other informaion to the MCDU, the calculated EFOB is a negative number, ( about - 1.5 ton) but after I take off and go for about 20 minutes, the EFOB becomes normal, ( about 5 tons),  the difference is too large.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 12/4/2018 at 4:58 AM, zhaogazza said:

HI

I just update my buses to 1.2.1.5,  A321 IAE seems still has some problem,

1:  the calculated VLS is too small, leads to drop during final approach if I use the VAPP calculated by the MCDU.

2: The fuel calculation is always wrong,  after I insert the flightplan and all the other informaion to the MCDU, the calculated EFOB is a negative number, ( about - 1.5 ton) but after I take off and go for about 20 minutes, the EFOB becomes normal, ( about 5 tons),  the difference is too large.

I have only seen such negative fuel values when the fuel loaded via loadsheet (options MCDU) does not match the entered block fuel of INIT B.

Hello,

I have also problem in case of A321 with the landing performance or something else but I am not able to flare with normal technik (I am thinking of an acceptable landing rate with normal pitch) because you have to increase the pitch of the aircraft too much to achieve a normal landing rate. If you don't increase the pitch enough, it will cause a hard landing. I also tired to icrease the Vref with 10 kts, in this case you can manage the landing bit better but not perfect and of course you are too fast.

Any idea what can it cause it?

Thanks in advance!

Zoli

5 hours ago, zoltan.szamel said:

Hello,

I have also problem in case of A321 with the landing performance or something else but I am not able to flare with normal technik (I am thinking of an acceptable landing rate with normal pitch) because you have to increase the pitch of the aircraft too much to achieve a normal landing rate. If you don't increase the pitch enough, it will cause a hard landing. I also tired to icrease the Vref with 10 kts, in this case you can manage the landing bit better but not perfect and of course you are too fast.

Any idea what can it cause it?

Thanks in advance!

Zoli

Mathijs posted (I can't find it at the movement) that the calculated landing V-Speeds are a little too low, and I agree.  Until this is resolved, I suggest landing adding an additional 5 knots to Vapp and then using additional additives for wind.

Hi,

Maybe it's for this (Vref slight low, and higher drag being in the "left side-first regime" of the speed/drag parabolic curve) that I've noted that with the last release also a/c drag dueing approach seems wrong (too high) with a CFM A320 in about ISA consition, 3° glide slope ILS, flaps full and weight about 63,5 tons I had 60% N1 and 1800 kg/h! While before that (ans also looking at RW videos etc) I had about 50-52% N1 and about 1000-100 kf/h fuel flow during approach...

Best Regards

Andrea Buono

1 hour ago, Andrea1 said:

Hi,

Maybe it's for this (Vref slight low, and higher drag being in the "left side-first regime" of the speed/drag parabolic curve) that I've noted that with the last release also a/c drag dueing approach seems wrong (too high) with a CFM A320 in about ISA consition, 3° glide slope ILS, flaps full and weight about 63,5 tons I had 60% N1 and 1800 kg/h! While before that (ans also looking at RW videos etc) I had about 50-52% N1 and about 1000-100 kf/h fuel flow during approach...

Best Regards

Andrea Buono

I understand, but there simply is no way to know the weight of the aircraft in the video, and even winds make a difference.

Hi Dave,

Yes I know, but I was comparing also with FSX A320 Aerosoft edition (last version 1.3) unfortunately I forgot to take same pics I'll do that next time to compare both sims.

Best Regards

Andrea Buono

Archived