Sign in to follow this  
curt1

Custom waypoint errors

I've been enjoying the CRJ a lot, to the point that I've ignored things that I didn't think were right but was too lazy to report.  I decided to go ahead and check with you regarding custom waypoints.  I'm attaching a photo that is self-explanatory.  There was no discontinuity on the MCDU, and the aircraft did fly to the Macin waypoint, but as you see no white line connecting the two, and the miles are way wrong as you see.  Thanks for looking into it.

discontinuity.png

If you didn't name the custom waypoint yourself, the naming logic is also a bit off. Defining a custom waypoint from MACIN, at bearing 180 and 10nm from the point, in the FMS by typing in "MACIN180/10" should create a point MAC01 instead of MACIN01. Not to pile on, but just in case this gets looked at to fix.

I looked into this, but I couldn't reproduce this specific situation.

Can you give me the complete flight plan and the definition of the MACIN01 custom waypoint (e.g. MACIN180/10) please?

@Propane: I made the 3 + number change.

Hans, I don't recall the exact bearing/distance I used during that flight, so I just loaded up the same flight plan and created a custom waypoint from "Quote".  My scratchpad entry was Quote270/10 and it created a custom waypoint as shown.  The MCDU doesn't show a discontinuity, but it exists on the ND.  I've attached a picture of this, along with my saved pilot route that may help.  By the way, there are also times when I want to create a custom waypoint from a VOR, but in doing so I get a "Not Found" in yellow.  The VOR is in the flight plan already, so I don't know why it doesn't recognize it for custom waypoints.  

Custom waypoint.png

KORDKPIA.flp

OK, this pretty much answers my question. I wanted to know if you created a PBD or another type of waypoint. I will try again now.