Flightplan Visualizer 1.7.1 available for download

pellelil

First of all a big Thank You to Aerosoft for setting up this forum. So finally it is time to move away from the old Facebook support page.

For those of you who don't know Flightplan Visualizer is a program that is able to Visualize AI Flightplan on a map. Beside the actual visualization you can search across multiple flightplans in order to find the leg (flight) that match your criteria. E.g. you might just have purchased the A318/A319 along with the scenery for EDDF (Frankfurt), so you might want to search through multiple (AI) flightplans in order to find inspiration of which leg to fly.

Please login to display this image.

Flightplan Visualizer (FV) is only able to visualize/search (AI) flightplans that have been imported into FV. However the installer comes with +300 commercial flightplans and +380 BizJet flightplans already imported (converted) to FV's format. Once installed you can cycle between these flightplans using the combo-box in the bottom of the screen-shot above. FV comes with a quick manual that for new users are automatically opened the first 3 times the program is run. However after this point you can manually open it from the Help-menu, where you also find the full manual.

Flightplan Visualizer 1.7.1 can be downloaded from AVSIM via this link:

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=p3dutil&DLID=207991

Let me describe the "Search Leg" form. From the main menu (in the top of the screen) you can access the Search Leg form (as shown below). In this form you can set up various Criteria, before executing the search (by pressing the "Search" button in the lower/right section of the screen. In this example we have filtered the Aircraft Criteria to only search for legs flown by A318 or A319 (with and without- Sharlets). In the rightside of the screen you can see we have entered the ICAO code for Frankfurt ("EDDF"). Thats all you need to set up to find all flights in an A318/A319 in- or out- of EDDF:

Once the search have been executed you will see a screenshot showing how many "results" were found. You can then choose to alter your criteria even further, or you can accept the result and go back to the main-screen and see the routes displayed on the map:

• 2 weeks later...

The same example will be included in the Quick Manual for the version 1.8 release. For the same reason the Quick Manual will automatically launch a single time for existing users. For new users installing 1.8 the Quick Manual will still launch the first 3 times the program is launched, and in either case both the "normal"- and Quick Manual can be accessed via the Help menu-item.

Pelle

Not sure what you mean by "sim flightplans". If you are talking about about traffic bgl's the answer is no, as it to my knowledge is a bit of black-magic decompiling these (at least I don't know how to do it). But as far as I am told AIFP, can decompile these files into the same file-format that FV is able to import from.

If you are talking about the flightplans you make with SimBrief/FSPX or other flightplaner to describe a single flightplan for a single plane, then the answer (at least for now) is no as well. It is not the purpose of this program to display such flightplans, and there are many tools out there that can already do this.

But please comment which flightplans you meant, and why you thing it would be requested that FV could import/visualize these.

Pelle

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 minutes ago, pellelil said:

If you are talking about the flightplans you make with SimBrief/FSPX or other flightplaner to describe a single flightplan for a single plane,

Talking about those. So you have at hand where to fly and where you have flown.

You want to show a single flight, or all those you have flown? I am sure its easy to extract departure/destination from a sim flightplan, but a lot of needed info is not included in these files (e.g. airline-carrier/operator, aircraft-type, and I am not sure if these files contain departure/destination time). I think it would be more easy to construct an external tool, that can import these info along with what the user would then have to enter (like airline, aircraft-type and departure/destination time). In the end I don't know if it would be easier to use such a tool as compared to using AIFP. If you "enter" the same info into AIFP, you can save it in a format that can be imported into FV.

Archived