ASUPDATER

Thanks, I followed all instructions and overwrote all the included files in the AS updater folder, clicked the Updater.exe and I got the same response I got prior to download...The program does not load. A blank window appears, but no app initiation. I have updated to P3Dv4.4 if that might have something to do with this. In other words this 7zip thing may be hindering the process. Is there another place where we can download a Full AsUpdater zipfile or folder without using 7zip?

10 minutes ago, canadagoose said:

So, whenever I want to update the aircraft I have to do a FULL install. That seems kind of tedious doesn't it?

Sounds like it's something on your system causing this, maybe computer security software?

I have excluded (Norton AV) the entire Aerosoft folder under "Documents", which BTW is the only Docs folder I have on C:\. I disabled One Drive  when I got the computer, so we can rule that out. ASUpdater worked a few weeks ago, but I haven't touched until now. Norton had no problems when I downloaded the 7zip app. Maybe I did not extract the files properly using 7zip. It seemed like everything ran smoothly. I also did not disable Norton AV when I downloaded the ASUpdater.7z file. I'll try that. I tried it and same, when I click on the executable a white box pops up and thjen disappears after about 5-10 seconds.

Thanks Dave

Hi,

Unfortunately I see the same behavior here. I updated to P3Dv4.4 yesterday (client only uninstall, then client new install). When running the AS updater (v1.1.11.0) a blank window opens for a couple of seconds and then crashes. To download the Updater I turned Windows Defender off. I had it off at the time when attempting to run Updater. This is under Windows 10 Pro EN 1803.
Any help from Aerosoft would be very much appreciated, since there is no other way to e.g. updating the CRJ to 1.2.2.2.
Thanks and Best Regards
Frank

P.S.
Just had a look into Windows Event Viewer; there were two messages related to the app crash:

Faulting application name: ASUpdater.exe, version: 1.1.11.0, time stamp: 0x5bed82b9
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17134.407, time stamp: 0xade8d4fe
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00111812
Faulting process id: 0x20ec
Faulting application start time: 0x01d489879df9a021
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Frank\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\ASUpdater.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: e59fe82a-865d-4946-af1e-e015a3be022c
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

and this:

Application: ASUpdater.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Xml.XmlException
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.Exception)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.String, System.String[])
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(System.Xml.XmlDocument)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(System.Xml.XmlDocument, System.Xml.XmlReader, Boolean)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(System.Xml.XmlReader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(System.String)
   at ASUpdater.MainWindow.GetProductList()
   at ASUpdater.MainWindow.InitApp()
   at ASUpdater.MainWindow.ASUpdaterWindow_Loaded(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEvent)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(System.Object)
   at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.Resize(System.Windows.Media.ICompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

• Aerosoft

Strange issues. As always these issues what happen with a very small number of customers are the hardest to debug. Over two thousand people used the updater this weekend so we are basically pretty sure that it is running fine. It has to be something on these systems that is not correct.

By far the most obvious is that the ,NET framework files are not correct. Unfortunately, there are a few FS add-ons that force incorrect runtimes (like installing 32-bit ones in a 64-bit system) that can cause this. I would re-install those first.

Hi Hans, Mathijs,

I found the culprit - at least in my case. It was a similar to this post as reported by "HMKiel". I had an incomplete "as_hamburg_prof.xml" file in the Products folder too. After renaming this file's extension ASUpdater started normally and now offers to upgrade products as expected.

Maybe a notice about this issue with the aforementioned xml file should become a sticky until the issue with this file is fixed.

Thank you and Best Regards

Frank

33 minutes ago, mdata said:

Hi Hans, Mathijs,

I found the culprit - at least in my case. It was a similar to this post as reported by "HMKiel". I had an incomplete "as_hamburg_prof.xml" file in the Products folder too. After renaming this file's extension ASUpdater started normally and now offers to upgrade products as expected.

Maybe a notice about this issue with the aforementioned xml file should become a sticky until the issue with this file is fixed.

Thank you and Best Regards

Frank

Thanks this worked for me as well. It looks like it is fixed, but I just discovered another problem. I just a CTD with the CRJ700. I was filling in the ORIG and Destination and then the CTD. I saw this thread with a similar problem:

But when I opened the ASUpdater it says I am up todate. But in this thread it says there is an experimental update, which is not listed in the updater. How do I get this update? Maybe it will solve my CTD problem. BTW I am using updated P3D4.4.

Regards

No Worries I figured it out, but I would like to leave this thread open until I see what happens with this update. I want this CTD problem to go away first. Thanks again to Frank for his input!

Regards

OK, I have updated CRJ to v1.0.2.3 with no CTD, had a flawless flight, despite the up and down flucuating FPS mid teens to 70's. I use "Unlimited"  frames. But I'm not too concerned. Just curious as to the up and down frames. I was also having 3-5 second pauses, but that was FSUIPC "Autosave" I believe. I turned it off and no more Pauses \ Stutters. Thanks to all.

• Developer
vor 10 Stunden , canadagoose sagte:

I was also having 3-5 second pauses, but that was FSUIPC "Autosave" I believe.

Yes, according to Pete Dowson (author of FSUIPC), the Autosave function triggers the "Save Scenario" function. In the case of the CRJ that means that all data is stored: P3D scenario, full systems state and full FMS state. I can imagine that this can cause stutters since it's a lot of data.

So, I guess, everything is solved here then?

Archived