REPLACE DEFAULT PILOT IMAGE IN VC OF A320 IAE

quentcor

Good day,

I have taken a photo of myself in my pilot's uniform and would like to replace the default pilot image in the virtual cockpit of the A320 IAE BAW livery with this new one. I have not yet converted to P3D v4 software.

I shall be most grateful, if someone will be very kind and explain how to do this (perhaps Stefan Hoffman, if he has time). Thus far, I have managed to edit the photo to a 2048x2048 pixel bitmap, which I converted to a dds image using imagetool. I hope the image in this format will be OK for P3Dv3.

I don't know where to place the new texture file so that the sim will read it instead of the default version.

If there are detailed instructions available on how to do this in the Aerosoft A320, please tell me where I can find them.

Any help will be very gratefully received.

Regards,

Quentin Moore

Hi Quentin,

you'd have to find the texturefile containing the pilots texture and exchange the previous pilot with your picture.

I believe in the 32bit version it was located in the Simobjects/Airplanes/AIrbus_Fallback (or similar) folder. That's the place you need to start looking.

Archived