Door sound issue - A319 Pro

Hauer

Hello - Recently purchased the wonderful 64-bit Airbus bundle.  When operating the A319 (haven't as yet tried the other 3xx series) and having opened the front left passenger door for boarding, I constantly got a thud sound (as when the door is closed). This sound constantly repeated itself with short intervals whilst open. Only after having closed the door (with thud sound as normal) did it stop.  I don't know if others experienced similar as I may have overlooked this topic on the forum.

Cheers & fly safe - Herman Auer

35 minutes ago, Hauer said:

Hello - Recently purchased the wonderful 64-bit Airbus bundle.  When operating the A319 (haven't as yet tried the other 3xx series) and having opened the front left passenger door for boarding, I constantly got a thud sound (as when the door is closed). This sound constantly repeated itself with short intervals whilst open. Only after having closed the door (with thud sound as normal) did it stop.  I don't know if others experienced similar as I may have overlooked this topic on the forum.

Cheers & fly safe - Herman Auer

Hey Herman!  Before we get going please allow me to welcome you to our community here!

Thank you very much for telling us about this. Sound loops (what you're experiencing) can sometime happen for quite a few different reasons, though it could also be the our software. 

Before we go much further, I want to check a few things with you.

1. Did you upgrade P3D from version 4.2 to 4.3?  If so, did you update all the P3D components or just the Client component?

2. If you performed a complete installation of P3Dv4.3, did you first ensure that any previous P3Dv4 folders/files were removed?

3. When you installed the Airbus, did you disable your computer security and then run the installer "As Admin?

4. Have you updated to the latest Experimental Version of the Airbus Pro via the AS Updater?  If not, I recommend doing so and then see if the sound loop is still present.  Please see the thread below for how to backup any liveries you may have added yourself.

5. Assuming you still have the issue after all of the above, please check to see if the sound loop occurs with the CoPilot function enabled and with it not enabled.  I'd check this myself, but I've never experienced this issue.

6. If the problem still persists, please try loading and booting into a flight with a Default Aircraft, and then switch to the A319 and see if that resolves the problem.

7 . If the problem exists regardless of the Copilot function being enabled, can you check the A318 and the A320/A321 to see if those aircraft also have the issue?  It's important to determine if the CFM and IAE version of each aircraft type have this issue on your system. Again, I'd be happy to do this myself, but I've never experienced this issue.

8. If after all the above, would you please let us know if the sound loop is present in Virtual Cockpit and External Aircraft Views?

Looking forward to hearing back from you my friend!

Also... before you look at the items I posted (above), you can also try the following:

9.  While in the sim with the A319 loaded, press the "Q" key twice (which mutes the sim audio and the second click re-enables the audio).

10.  Go to your Windows Control Panel, select Sound, then select the Communications tab and ensure that "Do Nothing" is selected (see screen shot below).

Please login to display this image.

Thanks for the detailed response, Dave,  Do note that I have in the meantime upgraded from P3Dv4.3 to v4.4 and that seems to have resolved the issue which only occured with the A319 (both CFM and IAE models) & A318 CFM series.

P3Dv4.3 was newly installed with Administrator rights (no upgrade). Can't recall if I had deactivated my Microsoft Defender anti-virus programme at the time of installation.

Again, danke for all the effort in responding to my question.

Cheers - Herman Auer  

Archived