NavData not loading to MCDU

TorontoGooner

Hello everyone,

I've exhausted myself scrolling through the tutorials and forums, and I still can't find a solution to my problem.

My MCDU on the bus does not find the data installed from NavDataPro, instead it shows both primary and secondary nav databases as blank. I've done complete reinstalls, I've adjusted the configurator, and my only option is to think that I'm installing either the Airbus in the wrong location, or the path on NDP is completely wrong. Can anyone help? I've spent about six or seven hours trying to fix this.

In short, which directory should I be installing the nav adata in NDP to?

Also, my CRJ database works just fine. I tried to use the same directory path for the airbus as the CRJ, but no joy.

Thank you

Hello Toronto, and welcome to the forums!

The location where NavDataPro files are installed is:  C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX NavData.

The files should look like this:

Please login to display this image.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Have you had related issues with any other third party aircraft or addon that uses NavDataPro?

Looking foward to hearing back from you!

Hey Dave, thanks for the response! I don`t have the General folder in there, it just doesn`t show up. I`ve done about three or four complete reinstalls and still it doesn`t show.

My CRJ data is working just fine, however

2 minutes ago, TorontoGooner said:

Hey Dave, thanks for the response! I don`t have the General folder in there, it just doesn`t show up. I`ve done about three or four complete reinstalls and still it doesn`t show.

My CRJ data is working just fine, however

When installing the Bus, did you disable your computer security software and run the Installer "As Admin"?

What I recommend is uninstalling, removing any remaining Airbus related folders, rebooting, disable computer security software and then run the installer "As Admin".  Depending on when the last time you downloaded the installer was, I might download it again.

Let me know how you make out?

1 minute ago, DaveCT2003 said:

When installing the Bus, did you disable your computer security software and run the Installer "As Admin"?

What I recommend is uninstalling, removing any remaining Airbus related folders, rebooting, disable computer security software and then run the installer "As Admin".  Depending on when the last time you downloaded the installer was, I might download it again.

Ok, I`ll try that, for reference, here is the folder directory you told me about....

35 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Ok, I did all this and still it doesn't work. In the NavDataPro installer thingy, which path should I put for the airbus?

Also, in the directory you suggested to me, there still is no General folder being created or there at all. I've spent a lot of time and money on this! :P

Do you have One Drive installed/active?  There is a problem (Microsoft's) where it creates a second Documents folder and that's where software (all software) thinks the Documents folder and of course this is NOT the correct location for software installs.  Simply uninstall NavDataPro and the Airbus, then disable One Drive and reinstall the Bus and NavData again.  You should be all set.

if you don't have OneDrive installed/active, then you may have a Windows problem.

7 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Do you have One Drive installed/active?  There is a problem (Microsoft's) where it creates a second Documents folder and that's where software (all software) thinks the Documents folder and of course this is NOT the correct location for software installs.  Simply uninstall NavDataPro and the Airbus, then disable One Drive and reinstall the Bus and NavData again.  You should be all set.

if you don't have OneDrive installed/active, then you may have a Windows problem.

Will do! Which directory location should I reinstall the Bus to?

When you click on / open OneDrive, does it open and show a set of folders?  If so, open the Documents folder (if it's there) and see if there is an Aerosoft\General\NavDataPro folder.

2 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

When you click on / open OneDrive, does it open and show a set of folders?  If so, open the Documents folder (if it's there) and see if there is an Aerosoft\General\NavDataPro folder.

I couldn't even get into OneDrive, the first window that popped up was one telling me to sign up for

Then I'm going to have to guess that you MAY have a Windows issue, maybe with the Registry.

What you could do is put in a support ticket for this issue and maybe one of the lads can go onto your system to check this out.

Below is the link to enter a support ticket.

Best wishes!

https://aerosoft.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

10 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Then I'm going to have to guess that you MAY have a Windows issue, maybe with the Registry.

What you could do is put in a support ticket for this issue and maybe one of the lads can go onto your system to check this out.

Below is the link to enter a support ticket.

Best wishes!

https://aerosoft.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Many thanks, I really appreciate the help

PS Breaking news..... I used navigraph and it worked!!!!!!

You are most welcome!  I'm sorry that we haven't been able to help you resolve this yet, but getting someone to look at this on your system is the right thing to do.  If you would, please update the thread with the fix when it's figured out?  That would really be appreciated

My very best wishes!

Archived