Does P3DV4.4 affects Airbus

MikaV

And the scenery purchased in Aerosoft, will there be any problems? I do not know if it is the right place to ask the question, but the simulator is not only added airplanes, but also airports.

• Developer
58 minutes ago, Miguel_V said:

And the scenery purchased in Aerosoft, will there be any problems? I do not know if it is the right place to ask the question, but the simulator is not only added airplanes, but also airports.

PBR is a new additional form of materials, which not replace the existing form of materials. Older Addons will work as before. New Addons which use the PBR technology will need 4.4 or higher and will NOT be compatible with P3D V4.3 or older.

That is for all addons using 3D Models, so aircrafts and sceneries.

• Aerosoft

Oliver is (of course) completely correct. At this moment we have seen no issues with scenery or in fact any other add-on. 

P3d V4.4 is not a simple update, adding small stuff. Like P3D 4.3 is a major step in adding new options. And PBR is a massive step towards the sim looking more like the high-end games we all know. While it is early days our first work on it with the A330 shows amazing new options without making it any slower (in fact using modern graphics cards it even seems faster).  The F-16 in P3D is a model we sold to them so it was very interesting for us to see Lockheed using that one to demonstrate PBR. And we got to say, they made our model look a LOT better!

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 minute ago, BBoyJD10 said:

I expect the A320 to get the new PBR and not another paid update please!

Have you read Mathijs' statement of yesterday?

On 11/27/2018 at 11:02 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

As always our aircraft always uses the latest technology, so the A330 is fully build to take advantage of the new options. If we update the current models is not decided yet.

• Aerosoft
3 hours ago, BBoyJD10 said:

I expect the A320 to get the new PBR and not another paid update please!

Of course, you would like that free of charge, but it is at least 2 months of work and that has to be paid somehow. At this moment our plans are to make sure to have all new products using all options and then see if we can work backward.

C'mon Aerosoft people. Quit the arrogance and nasty attitude toward your customers. I know some customers are bit demanding via emails and forums, but the are your customers. Play nice or they will leave you. 

On 11/27/2018 at 2:02 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

...If we update the current models is not decided yet.

I'd happily pay for PBR updates on older aircraft as I know there is lots of work involved in updating the textures and making them look just right and last I checked most people like to get paid to work ... hopefully I'm not alone in wanting to support P3D V4.4 development efforts with my wallet, I suspect there are many other customers willing to pay for PBR updates.  

Big thank you for taking PBR into consideration for your new product releases also ... very much appreciated.

Cheers, Rob.

46 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I'd happily pay for PBR updates on older aircraft ..

Hi Rob,

I would too, probably. However, I first want to see the difference between PBR and what we have already/

Peter

In doubt- What the new PBR support-

Having the Airbus a318- a321 PRO-

Will I now see difference in visuals/ Metallic looking ... Or do the planes need an upgrade before working with PBR?

Chris from Denmark

7 hours ago, copilot767 said:

Will I now see difference in visuals/ Metallic looking ... Or do the planes need an upgrade before working with PBR?

The existing models do not support PBR. So no, you won't see any difference at the moment.

Mr. Kok,

Saying it is 'better' is , IMHO, a gross understatement. Using a 4k monitor at 30Hz and I cannot believe the difference. Great planning on your part and the team. Bring on the 330!!!

Thank you.

Jack

Hey Guys,

Just a quick question regarding the upgrade to 4.4. I've not post on here before. I am wondering i am currently on V 4.2, didn't upgrade to 4.3 client as i was not able to. I am wondering as i

really want the Aerosoft A320 family, upgrading the client directly to 4.4 from 4.2, would the Aerosoft busses work correctly? 

Hope i've put my question across correctly.

Thanks for your time,

Zain

• Deputy Sheriffs
9 minutes ago, Zain.Saghir said:

[...] would the Aerosoft busses work correctly? [...]

Have you read the third and fourth post in this topic ;) 

14 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Have you read the third and fourth post in this topic ;) 

Hi Tom,

Haha My mistake, i did read it but didn't interpret it correctly. That answers my question though, Thanks Tom.

I just updated from 4.3 to 4.4 and at the moment I had no problems, updating only Client, Content and scenery, I loaded an A320 in a scenery (LEBL) and without problems, I have not flown, tomorrow, I updated the ActiveSky to the BETA version for 4.4 and no problem , maybe tomorrow when I perform a flight or not, I'll see.

• Deputy Sheriffs
40 minutes ago, jjaass said:

Since I upgrade to P3d4.4 the trueglass does not work in the airbus

Works fine here:

Please login to display this image.

So guys, when you do not make a fresh install. but update only (e.g. client update like I did), make sure that you follow 100% the instructions and recommendations LM gives you.

Archived